One eye shut while basking?

NorahJan

Pascal was basking and his left eye was shut.. I walked over and he opened it right away but he closed it a second time and now i'm really worried. I installed a new UVB (T5 5.0) yesterday directly on top of an aluminum window screen.. Is it hurting his eyes? Should I raise it above the screen more as well?

Can you please post a pic of the top and get a measurement from the light to the basking branch. It may be too close.
I'm not sure if this picture works but It is 6 inches from the basking branch, and temperature reads 80-82 when he's laying under it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 7
Ok, so I read through one of your previous posts and it looks like you have a new longer uvb fixture. Do you know the percentage of the bulb? Also, did you adjust the basking branch accordingly?

Ok, so I read through one of your previous posts and it looks like you have a new longer uvb fixture. Do you know the percentage of the bulb? Also, did you adjust the basking branch accordingly?
It is a T5 5.0 UVB, and I did not move any of the branches yet..

It is a T5 5.0 UVB, and I did not move any of the branches yet..
And you made sure that you got aluminum window screen correct? You have to have a 8-9 inch distance from bottom of fixture to the branch with a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 bulb going through aluminum window screen. Any closer than that and where he rises up off the branch will put him into over exposure levels.

And you made sure that you got aluminum window screen correct? You have to have a 8-9 inch distance from bottom of fixture to the branch with a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 bulb going through aluminum window screen. Any closer than that and where he rises up off the branch will put him into over exposure levels.
Yes this is the screening I got, and I just moved the light up so it is 8 inches from the branch, but should I raise it up more to account for when he's sitting on the branch?

Attachments

• IMG_9383.png
    IMG_9383.png
    259.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9382.jpeg
    IMG_9382.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom