R.I.P. Kami <3

serenitystarlite

Established Member
Kami died during the night :( I'm crushed, but she isn't suffering anymore. She's back in Africa now free to eat bugs and bask in the sun.

She looked ok when I went out last night, but when I got home a few hours later and checked on her, she had fallen and looked dead but was still alive. I put her on a towel so she was more comfortable and sat with her awhile. She had dark marks all over her and her eyes were dark and more sunken than I had ever seen, like she couldn't open them. She was laying completely still and then would open her mouth and take a really deep breath. I went to bed and she was gone this morning when I woke up.

She was the sweetest girl and I will miss her terribly :(

Awww, I'm so sorry you lost her. I lost my first cham a year ago tomorrow. It hurts to lose a precious chameleon, in some ways more than a 'normal' pet. It does get easier, but it takes a while. I am thinking of you.:(

I am so sorry for your loss. Its impossible not to get attached to these precious creatures. I will be keeping you in my "chammy" prayers.

Thanks everyone. I'm relieved that she isn't suffering anymore but very sad. Seeing her go from being sick to getting better to getting sick again was really hard to deal with. I buried her at the edge of the woods with a couple of sticks, vines, flowers, and crickets.

Back
Top Bottom