R.I.P amigo

Miss becky

hi i just wanted to share my story and stress to all new cham owners how important it is to make sure your cham doesn't get dehydrated my male yemen cham was only a year n a half old n unfortuanitly he passed away in the early hours this morn yesterday i could tell something wasn't right and i tryed everything i could do at home for him but last night that wasn't enough and i knew he was dyin he was just gripping on to his branch but falling to the side his eyes was closed but just breathing i took him off cause i didnt want him to fall and frantically tryed to find a vet that dealt with exotic pets and where i live in england was hard to find one let alone one that was open.but i managed to find one n took him staight there apaently at 1st he responded really well to the treatment but he collapsed n they couldn't resusate him so i had a call at 3 this morn to tell me he passed away as all you cham lovers who loves or has lost there cham i am extreamly upset and i know now i should of took him to the vets straight away. so please make sure your cham gets all the water he needs n if they dont look right take them straight to a vet i dont want to lecture i just know now how it feels to lose a lil guy. r.i.p amigo

Sorry for your loss-it is never easy to lost them. We do learn from our mistakes-don't give up on keeping chams in the future.

I have lost my female veiled Ivy recently. It was due to egg-binding. To me it makes me feel incapable of keeping another cham. I don't know if you feel this way but don't give up on taking care of chams. It was a mistake, but unfortunately people learn that the hard way as you and I have. But you have learned and i am sure you can do a terrific job keeping a different one. Ivy was my first cham and meant a lot to me but this gives you a great opportunity to learn more about chams. Let your cham inspire you, Ivy certainly has for me. It is tough to lose one of our chameleon friends but it is always good to move on.
Anyways sorry for your loss. :(

Back
Top Bottom