Questions about color

I think I was over worrying yesterday lol. My girl is a very beautiful green today :D
How do u tell if ur chameleon is happy. I saw the duller colors again today and can’t get the thought out of my head that maybe she doesn’t like something? Like how they have dull colors when they don’t like their cage or something? I do think she needs more, fuller plants in her cage, would lack of plant cover cause her to be unhappy?

I know I asked this already but I just want to double check and make her happy and living the best life

Attachments

• 74413084-9E16-4430-8347-355D4CA56AC1.jpeg
    74413084-9E16-4430-8347-355D4CA56AC1.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 26
How’s your room temp or ambient temp? The last two weeks I have noticed that Bella is also duller and basking more, but that’s because the room temperature has dropped significantly due the autumn weather. Therefore, night temps are also lower and I guess they wanna warm up more.

Are the dull colors all day long? Or just in the morning?

How’s your room temp or ambient temp? The last two weeks I have noticed that Bella is also duller and basking more, but that’s because the room temperature has dropped significantly due the autumn weather. Therefore, night temps are also lower and I guess they wanna warm up more.

Are the dull colors all day long? Or just in the morning?
I see it in the afternoon, I’m not sure my room temps but her cage temps are upper 70s

I think you are overthinking it a bit. Resting colors are duller. Beman 99% of the time is a muted green base color. Until, he decides that I am an invader and he starts to fire up with his colors warning me to back off.

These pics you see of Veileds looking amazing with bright colors does not mean happy it means they are fired up about something. So essentially pissed off about something.

Ok thank you :) i guess all these bright colors are getting to me lol.
It is very misleading for newbies when people post pics of their chams but they are fired up...

For example... These are the chams that I have had fired up...

View media item 53962

View media item 53810

However their resting colors are quite dull and boring lol.

View media item 53906

View media item 53277

It is very misleading for newbies when people post pics of their chams but they are fired up...

For example... These are the chams that I have had fired up...

View media item 53962

View media item 53810

However their resting colors are quite dull and boring lol.

View media item 53906

View media item 53277
Off topic but I just have to say Bentley's eye is so awesome!

OOOOH OK! :D I see about the same green in Nachito that I see in this photo, this makes me feel so much better. Do you or anyone else have any resting colors of a female veiled that I can look at?
I don't but I will tag others that would. Those pics are of 3 males. As you will see even fired up colors will totally vary. Two were regular Veileds and 1 was a translucent. But if you compare Beman to Bane fired up you will see there are always big differences from one to another.

@Sonny13 @MissSkittles do you have photos of your girls resting colors? Maybe throw in receptive and gravid as well so she knows what those can look like.

Back
Top Bottom