Questions about color

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi, I was just wondering, is this color normal? Is it her just trying to soak up as much heat as possible?
0D13F175-7B5A-4122-BD85-AAAB2A5E4452.jpeg

I was also wondering about something, so I’ve seen lots of photos with chameleons with completely curled tails. I’ve never seen Nachito with her tail all the way curled. I was curious, is it just certain species that fully curio them or does how much they curl their tails depend on mood and strength?

I was also wondering about something, so I’ve seen lots of photos with chameleons with completely curled tails. I’ve never seen Nachito with her tail all the way curled. I was curious, is it just certain species that fully curio them or does how much they curl their tails depend on mood and strength?
Does her tail curl up when she’s asleep? Have you seen her using her tail as an extra hand to grip onto branches? She may just need to regain some more strength.

Does her tail curl up when she’s asleep? Have you seen her using her tail as an extra hand to grip onto branches? She may just need to regain some more strength.
She uses it when climbing around and like it’s usually wrapped out the basking branch. Tonight right before i turned the lights off, it was more curled than I’ve usually seen it and it sparked my curiosity.

She uses it when climbing around and like it’s usually wrapped out the basking branch. Tonight right before i turned the lights off, it was more curled than I’ve usually seen it and it sparked my curiosity.
As long as she’s using it, it’s all good. You seem to be quite attentive and are noticing the subtle improvements in Nachito as she’s feeling better and getting stronger. Can I say it again how thrilled I am that you saved her. 🥰

So I saw another tread that made me curious, What could Nachito look like when she matures? Anyone have any example photos?

So I saw another tread that made me curious, What could Nachito look like when she matures? Anyone have any example photos?
She should look like a normal female Veiled with her greens but her translucent parts could change.. pinks to blacks or even white. Her patterns for being receptive/gravid can vary compared to other females. This is the same with males their bars and dots along with coloration vary.

After I recently gotten a cam for Nachito, I have more questions on her colors. Not the Greatest photos, but they capture the coloration. I've seen these colors on her whens she was freaked out when holding her (to put her cam in her cage), but she also seems to have them when eating/moving/basking.
Why do you think it is? Is she scared? or is it just her trying to pull in more heat. Should I try to have move her plants around to try and give to more cover to make her more comfortable?
Screenshot 2022-04-27 10.30.11 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-04-27 10.30.21 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-04-27 10.30.31 AM.png

After I recently gotten a cam for Nachito, I have more questions on her colors. Not the Greatest photos, but they capture the coloration. I've seen these colors on her whens she was freaked out when holding her (to put her cam in her cage), but she also seems to have them when eating/moving/basking.
Why do you think it is? Is she scared? or is it just her trying to pull in more heat. Should I try to have move her plants around to try and give to more cover to make her more comfortable?
View attachment 323616View attachment 323617View attachment 323618
Is she showing these colors all the time, even when relaxed? Have you noticed if she’s more active and wandering endlessly through her enclosure?

Is she showing these colors all the time, even when relaxed? Have you noticed if she’s more active and wandering endlessly through her enclosure?
They are less prominent, sometimes not really visible, (sometimes I feel like they are darker on the side she’s tilted towards the light. She was wandering a little bit a few days ago, I found her in a few new spots I hadn’t seen her before. But over the last few days she’s mostly basking with occasional movement.

Oh she was sort of stranding up right on her branch at one point yesterday, but I think it was because she saw a dripper and the water I had placed above a under-watered plant

They are less prominent, sometimes not really visible, (sometimes I feel like they are darker on the side she’s tilted towards the light. She was wandering a little bit a few days ago, I found her in a few new spots I hadn’t seen her before. But over the last few days she’s mostly basking with occasional movement.

Oh she was sort of stranding up right on her branch at one point yesterday, but I think it was because she saw a dripper and the water I had placed above a under-watered plant
Ok. So the patterns that you are seeing will most likely be her big girl ‘colors’. When she starts showing those patterns all the time, even when relaxing, you’ll know she’s reached/reaching receptiveness. When she starts getting really restless and endlessly roaming throughout her enclosure with the patterns/colors, she is fully receptive…all dressed up and looking for a boy. 😄 Each lady has her own ‘colors’…some you’ll only see the teal and mustard markings and others will have mostly just dark patterns (hiding the teals & mustards). My girl Stella is a good example of this.
Mostly she has these beautiful dark patterns.
713B46EA-7556-49AE-9A5D-A0EF52CF1168.jpeg
But when she gets ‘fired up’ or excited, her colors come out fully. In this pic she had figured out how to sneak peeks at my male veiled.
A91DC657-279F-4375-A655-24CDD28B0B4F.jpeg
When receptive, Stella circles her enclosure, like doing laps. My other girl Grumpy goes up and down, often on the screen door.

Back
Top Bottom