Questions about color

When Stella is gravid, she becomes darker all over, like this.
D8A6EFCB-3CE9-4A95-8B6B-E5EC82BBD1DC.jpeg
Her’s my other girl, Grumpy. Her colors are much more subtle.
Receptive
62C7B53C-CB7A-4F79-86D7-C77BA8DB875F.jpeg
And gravid.
AE8A98B7-1EF5-483F-8EE2-FD25FABF94A6.jpeg

It may be she’s starting to become receptive. Time will tell on that. I forget if you’ve already set up a lay bin, but if you haven’t, now is a good time to put one in her enclosure. Also get a light sheet ready and figure out how you’ll be attaching it for when she’s ready to lay eggs. Be prepared and save yourself from last minute scrambling around. ;)

It may be she’s starting to become receptive. Time will tell on that. I forget if you’ve already set up a lay bin, but if you haven’t, now is a good time to put one in her enclosure. Also get a light sheet ready and figure out how you’ll be attaching it for when she’s ready to lay eggs. Be prepared and save yourself from last minute scrambling around. ;)
Ok! I have a lay bin and I think a sheet! I do need to find a way to attach it tho…
Just got some photos of her
DF8E28DB-240C-4675-A5A8-8E840891E3DD.jpeg
31F0610C-4A94-40A4-98FF-3EFC9B7B1ECF.jpeg

I put a new plant in today to give her more cover (one spot was really open and needed some foliage) so I took a look at her and her chin pouch thing has pretty teal blue lines (cant remember if they have always been teal or a green color before this) and maybe hits of teal, but i didn't have long to look cause she gave me her angry colors shes back in her cage, with the green patterns from earlier barely showing but they have now started to darken up again.

I only need to cover part of the door. What I do is run some thin wire thru the screen about 1/2 to 1/3 up from the bottom and make a loop on the outside (making sure the sharp ends are on the outside). Then when the time comes, I can just use some safety pins to attach the light fabric to the little wire loops. You have a Dragon Strand enclosure I think. You can also attach your fabric to the outside bars of the Dragon Ledges. Actually, when I was using ledges, I kept one side always attached and when I thought the time was nearing or digging started I’d just pull it across and secure to the other side. I used clothespins, but any little clamps or pins will work.

I only need to cover part of the door. What I do is run some thin wire thru the screen about 1/2 to 1/3 up from the bottom and make a loop on the outside (making sure the sharp ends are on the outside). Then when the time comes, I can just use some safety pins to attach the light fabric to the little wire loops. You have a Dragon Strand enclosure I think. You can also attach your fabric to the outside bars of the Dragon Ledges. Actually, when I was using ledges, I kept one side always attached and when I thought the time was nearing or digging started I’d just pull it across and secure to the other side. I used clothespins, but any little clamps or pins will work.
Ok then I think i'll definitely be able to attach the cloth I have to cover the door!

Btw, all these pics you’ve posted today show just how much better she’s looking. You have done/are doing such an amazingly great job with your pretty Nachito. Your quick learning, quick actions and so much love have really made such a tremendous and complete turn around for her and given her the wonderful life she deserves. 🥰

Btw, all these pics you’ve posted today show just how much better she’s looking. You have done/are doing such an amazingly great job with your pretty Nachito. Your quick learning, quick actions and so much love have really made such a tremendous and complete turn around for her and given her the wonderful life she deserves. 🥰
It’s not just me! You guys contributed to the process as well with teaching and making suggestions on what could be better! XD my brother is was recently annoyed with me due to a cricket he found outside my room and I’m trying to start a waxworm colony now (I’ve read about it and seen people having troubles but i want to give it a try).
So ya, thank for answering my questions and Ill post what she looks like in a few days or whenever I need answers for something!

Bonus photo :p
This leaf seems to have been yummy
8FEA9A30-31E7-4605-9EAD-C5848B3F7886.jpeg

Last edited:
Not much of a color question, but my girl got all puffy a second ago and I’m sure why. I had moved to get my drink and she looked like this when I turned back. Do you think she freaked out or mad for a second at me moving?
E587FEB5-5FBE-4412-9F19-CB4F69382106.jpeg

E7B16199-0482-4683-9CEB-8ABE0B01C393.jpeg

Not much of a color question, but my girl got all puffy a second ago and I’m sure why. I had moved to get my drink and she looked like this when I turned back. Do you think she freaked out or mad for a second at me moving?View attachment 323812
View attachment 323811
My boy has done this before xD. If I startle him.
One time I moved some curtains and he puffed up at the curtains. Not sure why lol

It could be your reflection in the acrylic door that agitated her......I think she just needs to get used to it. And see my parsons do it many times for something (on the camera) and don´t know why. Sometimes it´s like they just it and mostly afterwards comes a big yawn.

Back
Top Bottom