Quads hatching...

My quadricornis eggs began hatching yesterday--they were laid by a gravid import I received this past December with that Cameroon shipment. The babies are acting strong, although I found the size differences to be stark...

Check out these two--hatched on the same day, same clutch, huge size difference...
IMG_6180.jpg

Here's another, not a great shot...
IMG_6191.jpg

Congrats! Sam, I am always happy to see quads. Are they quad, quads or quad gracilior? I hope they do well. How many eggs do you have?

Congratulations! You certainly have lots of cute little babies! :)
I wish I lived close so I could come over and help with them. ;)

Congratulations. That's a big size difference. Wonder if some of the eggs could have been yolked heavier than others? Good luck with them all.

Laurie, jannb, GCash, Jeremy, Chris - Thank you for the positive comments! Much appreciated :)

Chris - I've been using your recommendation for baby cham setups (with the clay pebble bottoms, soil, planted, glass cages, etc.) and I have lost very few. It appears to be working very well.

Congrats on the babies! They are adorable! It's crazy how much bigger the one is... Twice the size of the other. How do the rest of the hatchlings compare in size?

Congrats on the babies! They are adorable! It's crazy how much bigger the one is... Twice the size of the other. How do the rest of the hatchlings compare in size?

Thanks!

The rest are on the bigger side of the spectrum, and I'm surprised overall at the larger size of the baby quads--they have a "sturdy" feel to them, much like baby Veileds. It's like they're already three-weeks old. I'd be curious to hear Ponders' thoughts/experiences with the babies.

Back
Top Bottom