Pygmy Q

muskox

I have a 31wX12dX30t glass terrarium. It is a 20 gal and I was wondering if that would be ok for 2 brevs. I am also building a 1'wX1'dX2't screen cage if that would be better.

Thanks

No screen-the tank is what you need! However people have cautioned me against the tall tanks as they do not dry out well.

Good:)

And I have an old 5.0 UVB. This will be fine, right?

No basking light required, correct? That is what I have read.

The only other thing that I am worried about is that my terrarium is kind of short (13"). I have some small live plants that I think are already to big.
I don't know what to do about that.

Oh
One more thing. Can I mist them with a spray bottle that has a misty feature or do I have to use a real reptile mister.

Thanks

Sorry
one more question.

I was resding Chameleons Online and saw that you need cork on the sides. Why??

Good:)

And I have an old 5.0 UVB. This will be fine, right?

No basking light required, correct? That is what I have read.

The only other thing that I am worried about is that my terrarium is kind of short (13"). I have some small live plants that I think are already to big.
I don't know what to do about that.

Oh
One more thing. Can I mist them with a spray bottle that has a misty feature or do I have to use a real reptile mister.

Thanks

usally a 2.0, this is what I use, is plenty for them.
I only keep mine on for a couple hours a day.
They live on the forest floor, so not much light gets down there.
Like I said, "they live on the forest floor", so height isnt really an issue.
Hand spray bottle is fine.

Sorry
one more question.

I was resding Chameleons Online and saw that you need cork on the sides. Why??
I dont use cork, and I dont think a lot of members here on the forum do.
Cork has a natural ability to repel mold and mildew.
That is the only reson why I would think it is used.
Dont forget the hydroton!
This stuff will save your butt!

Old 5.0 will be fine. I use a spray bottle I got at the drug store-works great! Cut the plants down or buy small plants! Pothos are excellent-they will fill the entire cage. I don't use cork-but I do use hydroton.

I have a 5.0 and they are fine. I used Hydroton!!! I remember that disscussion with me and a few members on the forum. Also I don't use cork because I felt it wasn't needed for the enclosure. Plus like Justin said, many people don' use it.

Good :)

Going to PETsMART and Home Depot soon to pickup some more stuff. Hopfully I will have everything set up by tonight. I will tell you how it goes.

Also, I was going to get my brevs from LLL reptiles but wanted to know if anyone knew how reliable they are or how good they are.

I will also take any other ideas of other places to go to.

Thanks

I have been buying suplies for the substrate. So far I have bed-a-beast and some screen. Now all I need is charcoal and hydroton, correct?

Back
Top Bottom