HELP! Cage advice pls

fallenangel

We are using glass and mesh the height is 4ft height all way around and width is 4ft by 20 inches (believe this is the correct but could be wrong) I need to know how much mesh for the door and how lighting would work. We were gonna use originally would but found a better option (and we would be adding glass to make it bigger and have to cut certian peices) we do have professionals working on that part but I wanted to know if there's anything that can harm him by doing it this way- also how humidity would work I live in NC so there's a idea

I’m not sure that I understand what exactly you are asking. I understand that you are having a custom made enclosure of primarily glass? You will do best to have the entire door be screened to have adequate ventilation. You don’t say what species of chameleon you’re planning this for and each has their own humidity requirements. However, all need good air flow. Generally commercially made glass enclosures have small vents down low which provide for the chimney effect type of air flow. If you find you struggle with humidity being too high, you can add small fans to the top to draw out air.
For uvb lights, you’ll want your uvb fixture to span the width of your enclosure. So if your enclosure is 48” wide, you’ll need a 48” uvb fixture. I would suggest going thru https://www.lightyourreptiles.com/ who if you contact him, he can help you with all of your lighting options and needs.

Back
Top Bottom