Aluminium wire mesh question

Mad Dog Murphy

Established Member
Hi all, I Recently ordered my aluminium fine mesh and its arrived, little disappointed as it’s not as rigid as I had hoped, wasn’t too much options here in France, anyway I affixed it to the door and it’s probably going to be ok on that, but the top is a different story, I don’t want to stick three lights on top of it, ok I thought above raising all the lights some how but don’t really want to, I thought it easier to use a rigid bigger diameter hole piece that I have, also aluminium and laying the fine mesh over the top of it, so I guess my Question is this, will the extra layer take Away from my uvb? i Know the fine mesh will take a lot out of a 6%, I’ve added a picture of some cut offs for reference.
Your thoughts please.
B12E47E3-AD97-4F11-8D30-A64EA025FBBF.jpeg

Hey there not sure if you got the answer to your question... But the aluminum screen will reduce about 40%. You will see a very slight reduction with the 1/2 inch gauge material. Not enough that it would change your distance to basking. With the aluminum screen and a single bulb T5 with a 6% bulb in it your looking at a 8-9 inch distance from where the lights sit on top of the material and the tops of your highest branches below it. That will put the cham in a 3ish UVI range. So you will be good layering. I would put the aluminum screen as the material on the inside and then the other on top of it for the lights to sit directly on. This way you do not have issues of chameleon toes getting caught between the layers if you were to do them in reverse. hope that makes sense. If not let me know lol

I placed a dog kennel panel on top of my enclosure. I cut it down to 2x2 so all the weight is on the frame also holds my little dripper and 3 T5HOs. with no problems

Back
Top Bottom