Pygmy Q

I still have some sand left over from my SW aquarium. Would that work? I have heard that bed-a-beast grows huge with water. Is that true?

Thanks

Bed-a-beast grows with water, but will dry out fairly quickly. I am not sure I would use salty sand. I just use playbox sand.

Why does sphagnum moss cost so dang much! At the reptile store it cost $12.99 for a little 9"X4"X4" box of it. Any where that I could get it cheaper or is there a subsitute? Would spanish moss work?

Thanks

Spanish moss would have to be baked, if it were from outside. Umm, use Sphagnum Peat moss. It should be cheaper.

I have read the link you sent and it says to use sphagnum moss to hide the pots. I was not going to get any at first because I thought that it was not needed. Was I right? The bed-abeast also says sub for sphagnum moss.

I didn't use it and its fine. Umm, I would see the input of others first because i might have done it wrong, so maybe Justin Carl and Julirs can give their imputs?

I am soaking my bed-a-brick right now and I was wondering what to do next. I have alresdy placed my hydroton, charcoal, and plants down. What next??:confused:

Did you separate the layers with screen? Next you would place the moist (not soaking wet) bed-a-beast on top of the other layers.

Back
Top Bottom