Purple Veiled?!?!?!?!

Warrix642

Today I was watering my plants and adding vines to my cham cages and my huge male Veiled got PISSED! He is normally lime green and bright yellow with a touch of blue spots when he fires up but today he was green, yellow and FULL of purple.

It was amazing, I tried to get a pic but it he was calm when I returned. I plan on setting up a video camera soon and trying to capture it to show you guys.

I have never seen any pics or heard about a purple veiled... Have any of you heard of this??? I don't plan on selling this guy and I didn't plan on breeding Veileds, I am just curious.

Dustin

Some people claim to have purples but never been proven. Pics would be awesome

Next time he's fired up take some pics! Pics of it would be a great help in this discussion. I have yet to see any purple in my male veiled, kind of when his turquoise is turning to brown when hes mad then it turns brown but nothing drastic. Now my fishers on the other hand :) he gets such a deep majestic purple in him. crazy little guy

I seen a high yellow flash what I thought was purple/lavender. It was so quick I blinked and he was back to his rest colors!

Never mentioned it because I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Edit: My roommate said I was cazy so... may be I was seeing things lol

Last edited:
Here is the baby that I hatched that was purple for a while.
The pic doesnt do it justice, but there were a few that were purple like this, but havent other people had hatchlings like this?

coolchams001.jpg

Ive had hatchlings that purple color before also. I never think much of it though because they turn green with in a few days.
Ive seen purple hues in adults also, mainly males with a high turq. coloration. I dont believe there are true "purples" yet.
I think line breeding for purple would take alot of veileds, time and $$$$$! but I would love to see it done. There seems to be some people interested if there were any.

Here is the baby that I hatched that was purple for a while.
The pic doesnt do it justice, but there were a few that were purple like this, but havent other people had hatchlings like this?

coolchams001.jpg

Yes-they often hatch out like this, but quickly revert to green. They may turn this color when stressed at first, but not after the first week or so.

Our male has a lot of lavender on him. When he's mad he turns brownish purple but I can never get to show true on camera.

Attachments

• IMAG0192.jpg
    IMAG0192.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 397
Today I was watering my plants and adding vines to my cham cages and my huge male Veiled got PISSED! He is normally lime green and bright yellow with a touch of blue spots when he fires up but today he was green, yellow and FULL of purple.

It was amazing, I tried to get a pic but it he was calm when I returned. I plan on setting up a video camera soon and trying to capture it to show you guys.

I have never seen any pics or heard about a purple veiled... Have any of you heard of this??? I don't plan on selling this guy and I didn't plan on breeding Veileds, I am just curious.

Dustin

I had two veiled chameleons turn black, purple and yellow when the hurricane hit in Florida. I was told the sudden change in barometric pressure caused it. Unfortunately both died a few hours later.

Back
Top Bottom