Puffed up at worms

skittles1234

Why does my senegal chameleon puff up and turn colors when she see's a worm, (meal worm/wax worm etc..) she puffs up and backs away. Yet if i hold a cricket up she will just either look at it or eat it out of my hand. So why so scared of the worms. Is this just me? or is my chameleon being irrational? lol....

My one year old veiled does the same exact thing, he puffs up at me but if I leave it on a leaf he will go for it, so I'm guessing that she doesn't want you to touch her worms, maybe it's her favorite food and she doesn't want you to run off with it!

I usually put the on the screen of his cage, and let them climb up, but sometimes I smash the head with a pair of forceps and put them on a leaf :D

I usually put the on the screen of his cage, and let them climb up, but sometimes I smash the head with a pair of forceps and put them on a leaf :D

Brutal. lol I'm just teasing I used to have to cut the heads off of my crickets because my leopard gecko wouldn't eat them if they had heads... :eek:

oh my well i guess i'll have to start asking my boyfriend to take over the sluaghter of the worms. i have to big a heart to crush even those lil buggers :eek:

Back
Top Bottom