Probiotic Question

chamlover

I just picked up a new guy from the NY show that was on deaths' door. He is weighing in at 120 gr and the poor guy was so dehydrated i'm surprised he is still with us. But he is and the good news is he is eating on his own and is starting to drink readily when misted. He is getting 2 -1/2 hour showers a day, will probably stoop that in a couple of days or at least limit the quantitiy. The first day he ate 5-6 1/2" crickets and 3 1/2 " roaches. Today he ate 5 1/2 " crickets. I've got hornworms,silkworms, and butterworms on the way. I've never had one this bad and was wondering if he would benefit form using a probiotic like Nutribac. Considering he is eating on his own already i don't know if i should use it or not. I was told not to let him gorge himself but just to increase the quantity slowly, which is what i plan to do. Should i use the Nutribac? And if so, how much? Thanks ahead of time. I've decided to call him Samson.

Debby

It's been years since I used that. My vet and I used to only use on an animal that was coming off of meds or was so far gone it couldn't eat on it's own. Based on what you've said in text here I'd say just keep doing what you're doing. The daily watering and feeding combined with some unfiltered sunlight should get him back on the road. I'd dust every 5th food item too if you're not already.

Hey... I think that I saw that one at the show...

One broken horn, asking $85, right? How is he doing?

Back
Top Bottom