Barely Eating

Um I looked over the vet list and none of them were in Texas. So I used Arav and there only showed on exotic vet but he is very far from where I live. Would it be okay if I took him to this veterinarian? I have never been and it’s about 45 minutes away, but is it worth a try?: VEG

He is making me happy! 😊 I looked over his temps and they were lower than usual. So was my house temperatures. Today I’ll heat things up a little to the seventies and see how things go. I’ll update y’all later! So happy!

A Dubia just ruined it! The Dubia roach climbed all over him and he got scared and ran away from his basking spot! The Dubia is off but do they bite? Here is a picture:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 15
While any creature with a mouth can bite, dubia aren’t known for it. It’s primarily superworms and hornworms that can bite back when being eaten and crickets left in enclosures getting hungry.

Here are the dubias I am currently feeding him (I fed him 2 again, then wouldn’t take anymore):

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 20
Now he’s being skittish, going in line with the branch when I open the enclosure, and not wanting any more bugs. That’s pretty understandable, but I hope he eats again later. I’ll tell you guys if he does.

Are the bugs bigger than the space between his eyes? Do you have a feeder run? Some of my chams eat better out of their feeder runs rather than the bird feeder cups.

Another idea is putting more bugs in the feeder cup so they move around more. Chameleons are attracted to the movement and that gets them to eat. Dubia tend to find corners to hunker down into and not move, putting more in the cup could create more 'movement' which may get him to eat more.

The bugs are not bigger than the space between his eyes, I don’t have a feeder run, and I’ll try putting more bugs in there to attract him. Do you recommend me getting a feeder run?

If you use one could you send it to me please. And could I make a diy feeder run? Also will my crickets jump off of the feeder run? So many questions! 😂

There’s a few different types of feeding stations available, but most are along the same lines. We each have our preference. I like the shooting gallery style. It’s quite good at containing feeders except for bsfl who wriggle their way to freedom in seconds. There are some versions of it on Etsy that lack the gaps.

The bugs are not bigger than the space between his eyes, I don’t have a feeder run, and I’ll try putting more bugs in there to attract him. Do you recommend me getting a feeder run?
Honestly I have both for 2 of my chams and my veiled girl eats super great out of the bird cup, but once I upgrade her enclosure this year I'll get her a feeder run too.

My juvenile Jackson's didn't eat well until I got him a feeder run so I think its worth a try. I really like the lunch logs found here. There are many other kinds similar to these but the reason I like these ones is because they are a little more naturalistic looking and I LOVE how the white inside reflects the light from the enclosure and highlights the bugs in the lunch log more.

Back
Top Bottom