Privacy, PLEASE!

patrickfraser

My veiled girl has dug a nice hole and was putting on finishing touches when she spotted me with the camera. I think she'll probably be laying today/tonight.
DSCN5401_zps6ed9d9b8.jpg

Nice pic. do they get dirt in their eyes when they dig?

My girl did. She was turning her eyelids out afterwards and we could see the red part of her eyes! Freaky! They can also swallow quite a lot and become a little impacted after laying.

The dirt covers her. I suppose they probably close their eyes to help avoid it. but it is probably inevitable. No laying yesterday. She didn't cover the hole, so I am thinking she needs to rest before the arduous task of "finishing touches" to her bin and egg laying. Maybe today?????
DSCN5392_zps8e083683.jpg

Or perhaps the paparazzi put her off? Looks lithe uou may have disturbed her at a crucial moment. If she was reversed in the hole then that's egg laying position and things should have been coming to a close. Keep an eye on her but give her lots of privacy! Privacy is the key to a successful laying :)

Wanted to add this recent thread for reference just in case she doesn't start to lay again https://www.chameleonforums.com/things-have-taken-turn-worse-98807/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom