Pregnant Chameleon???

I can’t find any images of the musculoskeletal anatomy of veiled chams, just skeletal. Pic below so you can see how the ribs go. If it’s of any help, after Miss Grumpy had these ‘rolls’ she was given a very thorough exam by an awesomely knowledgeable vet...everything was looked at, listened to and palpated, and nothing wrong was found.
C4E46184-31C5-4A4F-8CB9-0F81AF07B3B0.jpeg

I'm just worried about her its my first chameleon and want to make sure I'm doing everything right. If I need to take her to the vet I will do so. Thank you you guys seriously so much for all your help. I've also ordered the Arcadia light and am getting ready to build her new cage. I also am looking into different calcium and vitamins. I don't think the woman that had her before me was taking care of her right so that does worry me. The lady told me nothing about her laying eggs no matter if she was pregnant or not she told me nothing about her calcium and vitamin needs. I found all that out on here after I got her I just love reptiles and wanted to take her in.

I think I see eggs forming by her back legs?

Attachments

• IMG_20191014_104437__01.jpg
    IMG_20191014_104437__01.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Directions for Rep Cal calcium with vitamin d3

Before feeding insects:

1. Thoroughly mix a 1:1 ratio of Rep-Cal and Herptivite in a plastic bag.
2. Place insects in the bag.
3. Shake slowly until they are completely covered. No other supplementation is required.

Directions for Rep Cal herptivite

Before feeding insects:

• Thoroughly mix a 1:1 ratio of Rep-Cal and Herptivite in a plastic bag.
  • Place insects in the bag.
  • Shake slowly until they are completely covered
It says mix the 2 everyday and that no other supplements are required .

Directions for Rep Cal calcium with vitamin d3

Before feeding insects:

1. Thoroughly mix a 1:1 ratio of Rep-Cal and Herptivite in a plastic bag.
2. Place insects in the bag.
3. Shake slowly until they are completely covered. No other supplementation is required.

Directions for Rep Cal herptivite

Before feeding insects:

• Thoroughly mix a 1:1 ratio of Rep-Cal and Herptivite in a plastic bag.
  • Place insects in the bag.
  • Shake slowly until they are completely covered
It says mix the 2 everyday and that no other supplements are required .

Iirc, Herptivite has the incorrect form of Vitamin A. I personally wouldn't use it.

I don't see viatmin a listed on either one the Rep Cal with d3 or the herptivite

Yeah - I'd highly recommend switching supplements! Repashy Calcium Plus LoD is a solid all in one supplement that helps to smooth out the dusting schedule, as you only need to use the one supplement.

Alternatively, you can stay with the more traditional dusting schedule of phosphorus-free calcium WITHOUT D3 every feeding and calcium WITH D3 every 2 weeks and a multivitamin supplement containing vitamin A every 2 weeks.

I have used RepCal and Herptivite for many many years and have had no problem with it.

I dust the insects lightly with the RepCal phos free calcium powder at almost every feeding and twice a month I dust lightly with the RepCal phos free calcium/D3 and twice a month with Herptivite. I have never given veiled chameleons any extra vitamin A in the prEformed type. My veiled females almost always live to be 7 and the males even longer...so it can't be doing them any harm.

Lots of people us the Repashy LoD but I can't tell you if it's as good or not because I haven't used it. Perhaps people who use it can/will post on here about how long their veileds live?

You have to be careful with D3 from supplements and with prEformed vitamin A. This is why I only use the D3 one twice a month leaving the chameleon to produce the rest of its D3 from its exposure to the UVB which is safe as long as the chameleon can move in and out of the UVB at will. It's also why I like Herptivite because it has beta carotene (prOformed) vitamin A which is safe and leaves it up to the owner to decide if/when the chameleon needs prEformed vitamin A.

I ordered the Repashy with lod. I just want to know if I use it everyday or not. I'm feeding her everyday because I assume she is hungry because of being pregnant. A few days after she lays eggs I will cut back to every other day.

I ordered the Repashy with lod. I just want to know if I use it everyday or not. I'm feeding her everyday because I assume she is hungry because of being pregnant. A few days after she lays eggs I will cut back to every other day.
Yes. The Rephasy LoD is an 'every feeding' supplement. Just be careful as it is a SUPER fine powder and can easily cake on. I personally judge the amount I put in.... I usually just heavily load 1 roach or worm for administration of supplements, then I hand feed to be sure they get what I want them to get. I'm also a bit meticulous as I got my female from Petco only to find out she had MBD.

Yes. The Rephasy LoD is an 'every feeding' supplement. Just be careful as it is a SUPER fine powder and can easily cake on. I personally judge the amount I put in.... I usually just heavily load 1 roach or worm for administration of supplements, then I hand feed to be sure they get what I want them to get. I'm also a bit meticulous as I got my female from Petco only to find out she had MBD.
Thank you so much!

@Kaybaymiller said..."I don't see viatmin a listed on either one the Rep Cal with d3 or the herptivite"... It's listed as beta carotene. Beta carotene is prOformed vitamin A. PrOformed sources of vitamin A are converted to vitamin A as the body needs it and won't build up in the system....but prEformed sources of vitamin A will build up. PrEdormed sources of vitamin A are ready to go and don't have to be converted. They include palmitate, retinal, retinol, etc.

@Kaybaymiller said..."I don't see viatmin a listed on either one the Rep Cal with d3 or the herptivite"... It's listed as beta carotene. Beta carotene is prOformed vitamin A. PrOformed sources of vitamin A are converted to vitamin A as the body needs it and won't build up in the system....but prEformed sources of vitamin A will build up. PrEdormed sources of vitamin A are ready to go and don't have to be converted. They include palmitate, retinal, retinol, etc.
Thank you for that bit of education! Had no clue

Back
Top Bottom