Pokey- Temporal Gland Infection? (pic. heavy)

oh, i had heard european countries did not put fluoride in the water. i guess i heard wrong information :confused:

EDIT: this is from 2000, it could have changed... "Sweden:

"Drinking water fluoridation is not allowed in Sweden...New scientific documentation or changes in dental health situation that could alter the conclusions of the Commission have not been shown." (Gunnar Guzikowski, Chief Government Inspector, Livsmedels Verket -- National Food Administration Drinking Water Division, Sweden, February 28, 2000). www.fluoridation.com/c-sweden.htm"

Acutally some European places get the CHOICE of having flouride put in their water where in the US we don't have a choice. Another thing with water is that the current filtration systems do not filter out medication such as birth control bills, anti depressants and other perscription drugs. It also won't filter out drug residue such as meth, crack and cocaine.

I spray my guys with the RO water from PCC because of this. That and the water companies "allowable" ppms of lead and mecury that is in the water that we drink. :rolleyes:

Well, not being able to see the infected area myself and without a good photo of the area while he is gaping it is hard to tell for sure. Temporal gland issues are very common in Trioceros species, however, and the inflammation of the temporal area, eye turrets, etc., indicate that there is an infection of some type.

This may be useful for you: http://www.kirkmanareavet.com/Temporal Gland Jackson.html

Jonas - A number of Trioceros and Bradypodion species along with a few others seem to be prone to temporal gland infection. If you've not worked with any of these species that may explain why you have not had a problem with it before.

Chris

Interesting article Chris, thanks! Thank goodness I haven't had to deal with recurring temporal gland infections! One rescue jax I had went through one, but we seemed to be lucky.

Back
Top Bottom