Please tell me he isn't burned!!

staring360

This is my new cham I am a first timer so I am kinda worried about these spots on his eye and under his chin. I read on here that when Chams get scratched that it turns to a dark grey color, so I am hoping it is just a scratch and nothing major like an infection. I did move his basking light back a couple more inches just in case.

Lizard8.jpg

Lizard9.jpg

it almost looks like a lil bruise, but im looking on my phone right now and cant really see that well..
cute lil one tho

I first noticed them a few days ago they get lighter to where they are almost not noticeable at all to dark like you see in the pictures. I thought they where gone yesterday, but after a while they came back that is when I took the pictures.

Thanks he is gorgeous when he gets all fired up I cant wait till he gets older and his colors start showing more.

if it was a burn i dont believe it would come and go, from my experience burns usually damage the area as that it wont change anymore,
jmo
hoj

I agree that those don't look like burns. I think they're bruises. It is a little odd that they would go away and come back though...

Maybe he's rubbing up against something when he sleeps or during his usual exploration time. I've heard of them getting bruises from rubbing against the side of the cage or a hard decoration, and that could explain why they would go away and show up again.

ive seen this type of thing in a few posts and i think if it comes and goes it might be a chameleon "birth mark" kinda thing? as long as hes drinkig and eating he will be fine :)

yeah is definitely eating and drinking this guy eats like a pig haha I have had him for a week today and he has grown a half inch already, they grow so fast! He only eats crickets though I have tried to give him some worms but he wont give them any attention. I think it is because the don't move that much.

if it would be a burn mark, it would most likely be on the top of him. I guess you can rule that out.

What is the coloration in the interior of his mouth, pink, or more darkly coloured?
Picture maybe?

What vitamins do you provide?

bruises is another option, but i would expect it then to be a one time thing.
For birthmarks i would expect it to be stable in colouration

if it isn't a burn or a bruise then what would it be. Also how many crickets a day should I feed the little guy I know they grow fast.

with the chameleon able to manipulate the coloring. personally i have no idea but only think that the spots are a result of melanosis.

i dont know how long you have had the chameleon, how long the spots have been there, if they just appeared one day, have they been there since birth.

even with those answered i would still only have a guess for you.

I would be pretty difficult to get burns in those locations and not anywhere on top of those areas.

That looks like a Bruise to me...You will know for sure when he sheds again - I have a Nosy that some how bruised his tail by his hemipenes a few months ago and went away his next shed...We all wonder how in the heck they do these things...But I'm sure your little guy will be okay!

that makes me feel better. I have only had him for a week and a half, and they showed up or I first noticed them maybe 4 or 5 days after getting him.

Back
Top Bottom