Pictures of My Cams Breeding

Winpooh718

*** WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT***

Two of my veiled chameleons got together, and now we are waiting for eggs. I've estimated that delivery day could start as early as February 6th, or as late as the 16th.

Today we are starting day 10 after insemination. Jade looked odd after the first "mating" on the 16th of January. On January 17th it was made perfectly clear that she was pregnant.

My eldest veiled male had zero interest in Jade. She would relentlessly chase him everywhere, and he would eventually escape behind my curtains to hide.

I had Jade out of her cage with my new male veiled Romeo, and he's just a baby -- I got him at the end of November at the Expo -- I wasn't expecting anything but Romeo to indicate some fear from Jade, and thought he would act submissive.

In the blink of am eye, he leaped on Jade while she was a few stairs higher than him.

I left them alone for 3-1/2 hours, until it was bed time. I grabbed the tangled mess of legs and tails, got the bundle into Jade's cage, and then proceeded to remove the male.

Jade was an odd green color the next morning, she didn't appear gravid, so I brought Jade to Romeo's cage, and she wanted to go inside with Romeo, so in she went.

I took a little peek, and Jade was as dark as black with brightly covered in blue and orangey spots, but, things were still going on, so I walked away.

Not long after checking I heard an odd sound coming from Romeo's cage.

Romeo was trying to engage in more activity, so Jade picked his whole body up, in her mouth, and she shook him like a dog would shake a toy.

Of course there's Romeo, still looking for some more action... I don't know if it even registered he was in her mouth, so I got Romeo in one hand, and Lady Jade in the other and stopped whatever was happening.

I've cut down on Jade's worms, and doubled the offerings of greens and fruit. She looks great and she's still sweet as sugar with me.

The pictures can get graphic, so use your judgement before looking.

The pictures are in the same order as they happened.

I just wish I got a shot with Romeo in Jade's mouth, she looked so Godzilla-like! 20170116_194827.jpg 20170116_194841.jpg 20170116_194848.jpg 20170116_194908.jpg 20170116_194917.jpg 20170116_194926.jpg 20170116_194939.jpg 20170116_195709.jpg 20170116_195714.jpg 20170116_200519.jpg

I'm now Grandmother to 50 eggs!

Mamma has been wonderful, and she put on her preggie lingerie last night...

Is it possible after a February 11 birthing she's ready to lay a new batch?

Attachments

• 20170212_034724.jpg
    20170212_034724.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 121
Very possible. That's a lot of eggs she laid. You might want to try to slow her down a bit later on.

Aside from keeping Romeo, who lived up to his name, sequestered in his cage when the ladies come out to play, how would I slow her down?

Any words of wisdom will help as I'm a first time Grandma, and Lady Jade is a first time Mommy.

It's my understanding that she can be storing the, eh-hem, gift-that-keeps-giving she received from one night of romance with Romeo.

Is there actually a way to prohibit more grandchildren?

You want her to get laying all the fertile eggs...so once she lays the next batch....feed her well for a couple of days and then cut back her feeding just a bit and lower her basking temp just a degree or two and it should help.

Back
Top Bottom