Pictures of My Cams Breeding

You want her to get laying all the fertile eggs...so once she lays the next batch....feed her well for a couple of days and then cut back her feeding just a bit and lower her basking temp just a degree or two and it should help.

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Definitely let Momma rest! She just had a pretty good size clutch, another one right away could deplete her calcium and lead to MBD.

Definitely let Momma rest! She just had a pretty good size clutch, another one right away could deplete her calcium and lead to MBD.

Lady Jade, the Little Mamma, is treated like royalty all the time. When I kiss and praise her now, she puts her nose tip-to-tip with mine... she's just too adorable!

I'd love to rest her forever -- no more babies -- I believe I've read that they can use some sperm and store the rest for a rainy day.

I think it's up to Mother Nature unless you know something I don't know.

My girl was a trooper! She was so brown from caked on dirt, and she was losing the stamina to keep backfilling so I removed her, completed her chore and kept her warm -- she was freezing!

The first thing the very next day she went down to the bin and patted down some soil I'd missed.

After bedtime, I took her bin and got the eggs. Luckily I used a large clear bowl, and I could see where the eggs were laid.

I think my recent trip for 4 days/3 nights took more of a toll on everyone. Lady Jade looked worse than after laying all those eggs, and it felt like all my Babies lost weight and shrank.

I know that my dogs AND chameleons were treated very well, the only issue was bug feeding. It's miraculous how many people are afraid of worms and bugs!

I left instructions if my sitters were afraid, just give them their salads and fruit of the day. Technically they lost 2 days of worms and bugs, and some of the chubbies can afford a day or more without food.

The "Baby Daddy" now has his sights set on Dutchess, but, she's off limits until she's a year old. If I let Dutchess get pregnant it won't be with Baby Daddy anyway, it would be with Lord Charmander -- because they both have quite a bit of blue coloring and could possibly produce a distinctive line of gorgeous blue chameleons.

Lady Jade, the Little Mamma, is treated like royalty all the time. When I kiss and praise her now, she puts her nose tip-to-tip with mine... she's just too adorable!

I'd love to rest her forever -- no more babies -- I believe I've read that they can use some sperm and store the rest for a rainy day.

I think it's up to Mother Nature unless you know something I don't know.

My girl was a trooper! She was so brown from caked on dirt, and she was losing the stamina to keep backfilling so I removed her, completed her chore and kept her warm -- she was freezing!

The first thing the very next day she went down to the bin and patted down some soil I'd missed.

After bedtime, I took her bin and got the eggs. Luckily I used a large clear bowl, and I could see where the eggs were laid.

I think my recent trip for 4 days/3 nights took more of a toll on everyone. Lady Jade looked worse than after laying all those eggs, and it felt like all my Babies lost weight and shrank.

I know that my dogs AND chameleons were treated very well, the only issue was bug feeding. It's miraculous how many people are afraid of worms and bugs!

I left instructions if my sitters were afraid, just give them their salads and fruit of the day. Technically they lost 2 days of worms and bugs, and some of the chubbies can afford a day or more without food.

The "Baby Daddy" now has his sights set on Dutchess, but, she's off limits until she's a year old. If I let Dutchess get pregnant it won't be with Baby Daddy anyway, it would be with Lord Charmander -- because they both have quite a bit of blue coloring and could possibly produce a distinctive line of gorgeous blue chameleons.

Baby Daddy, lol! Excellent name. You can can definitely get a retained clutch, usually 90ish days after the first. When I go out of town, my mom lizard sits for me and she refuses to touch bugs so I make "lizard lunchables." I got some 2oz sauce cups on Amazon and drilled a hole in the lid and put worms and roaches in with a peice of carrot and a pinch of gutload. I just made one Lunchable for each lizard for each day that I was gone and labeled them. Then Mom had no interaction with the bugs, she just put a pinch of calcium on them and dumped them in the food dish. My Dilly has laid twice and as soon as she gets back up from burying her eggs, she gets a nice warm shower! She always comes up covered with dirt and it terrifies me because of how sensitive their eyes can be. If you are planning to breed your girl regularly, she should definitely be on liquid calcium.

Back
Top Bottom