Pics and info on Bugatti's custom cage!

Thanks for the comments FaunaBgirl, moviemanmania, and Marc10edora.

The design is very nice. I would suggest one thing though, since it worked for the cage I'm building now. You could spackle and paint over the staples on the frames. This would make it look better and offer a safer seal with the screen. Bugs shouldn't be able to squeeze through after that and you won't have to worry about your chams toes getting caught on the staples.

Marc10edora, its kind of hard to see in the pics, but the 2 side screens are actually sandwiched between wood framing (like you recommended), painted with sealer and latex like the rest of the cage. I assume you saw the staples around the backside of the front door? Yes, I agree, I should have sealed, puttied, or something on those too, but the cage has inside framing around the door area, so when the door is closed, none of the staples are exposed, and they dont ever get wet...its a pretty good seal. And so yeah, no bugs get thru either! :) Thanks for the recommendation though!

Jim

how does it drain? it seems like a solid floor...? this is similar to what i want to build, but 2x3x4 although that 2x2x4 looks quite spacious

how does it drain? it seems like a solid floor...? this is similar to what i want to build, but 2x3x4 although that 2x2x4 looks quite spacious

hey atog,
the floor "in" the cage is solid, but slopes downward toward the back with a small slit against the back wall to drain into the white drain bin underneath in the cabinet section of the setup. hopefully this makes sense....let me know if you have any other questions.

jim

Back
Top Bottom