Bloody stool, puffy eyes...please help -info and pics

Sad stuff..

Yeah, I don't think it was your fault. Your not supposed to transport a gravid chameleon.. It upsets them, she probably just settled down and ended up passing.. :eek:

thanks

thank you so much guys...i wish we would have put something in there the day we got her since the guy told us she may have been.
we have found her hanging around the bottom twice and she was drinking from a dish we had in there to catch the drip system...
my poor girl :(

she's been off her food for a week or more not eating anything at all, tried her in the laying bin twice and she shows no interest , even dug a hole for her. Her poop was fine until the day before yesterday and today it's been bad, showered her today and misted lots , got her at the vets on wed

Unfortunately this is the WORST part about owning a chameleon. When a chameleon gets sick/dies it wears on the owner because we can see the pain they are going through and it just tears our hearts up. Sorry for your loss

Bloody stool and lots of hemmoraging COULD mean protozoa, I recently was in a situation where the owner had a cham with bloody stool and it started out of what seemed to be no where. The cham passed after a day or so. The culprit was flagellated protozoa, for their instance it was in the intestine, that's why there was bloody stool. It's too bad you buried her, you could have figured out what happened and probably why it happened.

Again sorry for your loss and stay strong!

she's been off her food for a week or more not eating anything at all, tried her in the laying bin twice and she shows no interest , even dug a hole for her. Her poop was fine until the day before yesterday and today it's been bad, showered her today and misted lots , got her at the vets on wed

i'm sorry to hear that, let me now how it goes please. when ours gaped her mouth we would spray water her in mouth to try to keep her hydrated..maybe try that...:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom