Budget, No Skill, DIY Cage. Inspired by Silverdusk. PIC Heavy!

I could see the velcro latches being a problem area. I can fix that flaw easily. Its only going to be used as a sunning cage not a permanent enclosure. I need something light and cheap that i can move around on the patio.

So get a reptarium?

I have one and anyone who wants to buy it can have it for 30 bux. I paid 60 at a show for the large one. Its a good design in theory only. Or possibly as a neonate cage. Try attaching anything of any real weight and its not going to work properly and a heavy plant would tear it too pieces. This pvc cage is perfect for ME and what im looking to use it for.

Reptariums are at risk of over heating in the sun since they are black.

Not if you have a mister, which you should if you are keeping reptiles outside. As long as you monitor the temperatures they should be fine... not to mention it is getting cooler outside.

I have one and anyone who wants to buy it can have it for 30 bux. I paid 60 at a show for the large one. Its a good design in theory only. Or possibly as a neonate cage. Try attaching anything of any real weight and its not going to work properly and a heavy plant would tear it too pieces. This pvc cage is perfect for ME and what im looking to use it for.

Good luck, I'm just posting the information for others who think they will want to use it and then later on their chameleon escapes and they don't know why.....:eek:

Good luck, I'm just posting the information for others who think they will want to use it and then later on their chameleon escapes and they don't know why.....:eek:
That was more of a design flaw then a cheapness factor.
With some proper latches I couldn't see a Cham getting out.

[Good luck, I'm just posting the information for others who think they will want to use it and then later on their chameleon escapes and they don't know why.....:eek:[/QUOTE]

I noticed the latch issue when i first looked at the design. This will work perfectly for me as a temp sunning cage on nice weekends. I dont leave my chams outside unless im home to semi monitor them even when caged. ;)

This is a similar way I built my adult Melleri cage (only alot bigger). The trick is to make sure the zip ties are close enough to not leave gaps between the PVC and the mesh and instead of latches and I use small bungee cords to keep the door closed.

That was more of a design flaw then a cheapness factor.
With some proper latches I couldn't see a Cham getting out.
So how do you propose to fix the idea without making it a "cheapness factor"?

I havent made any of these yet. I think I could make a cpl of cages for less than 30.00 though. The cost of the pvc and a roll of screen. Then will need some zip ties (which i have) and a couple of latches.

Back
Top Bottom