Petruding bone?

Bernie

Hi all.

I have just returned from holiday and during my trip i had my chameleon being looked after by my vets who offer a boarding service.

I collected him on my return and have noticed what looks like a petruding bone from the underside of his body. It seems to be affecting his strength and movement which I imagine is due to pain or discomfort.

I have an appointment at the vets for him tomorrow morning. In the mean time I wondered if anyone has any idea what this is or what bone it could be? It feels hard to touch and is located near his front limbs.

viewer.php

Thanks in advance!

Well, I don't think it's a bone. He could have fallen and this swelling is the result of a broken rib. I think the vet ought to check and decide whether to remove it, whatever it is.

The vet did an xray and it revealed no broken bones or anything to be concerned over.

The vet wasn't sure what it was but explained that they are very flexible around the ribs area and have been known to pop their ribs out and move them around. I asked why he would do this which he explained can be a behavioural thing. For example due to stress.

He seems fine now he is home and back in his usual surroundings and doesn't seem to be in any discomfort or stress any more.

Back
Top Bottom