Blind chameleon

In Panama there is only one pet store that sells stuff for reptiles, and they dont sell any type of light bulbs, they dont even sell the lamps, so it is impossible to get a linear fixture.
Ok so then yes lighting will be an issue. Sun is what you will need. Outside time. Do you have an option to build a cage outside? You would need to have a lot of plants. You want the cage to have partial sun and shade so he can move out of the sun when he gets too hot. Then you could take him outside for a few hours and then bring him back inside.

Great news!

He opened both of his eyes today and eat a couple crickets by himself.

@Beman He is still owned by the store so i just work with what i can get from them and with what i have for the moment, so i dont think i will build and enclosure outside unless i get him completely, because probably when he gesr fully recovered he will be sold, but i can keep sitting outside with him

Great news!

He opened both of his eyes today and eat a couple crickets by himself. Yay! Awesome news!

@Beman He is still owned by the store so i just work with what i can get from them and with what i have for the moment, so i dont think i will build and enclosure outside unless i get him completely, because probably when he gesr fully recovered he will be sold, No! No! No! For all of the love and work you are putting into getting this sweet chameleon better, you need to keep him. Why do all of this to get him better and then be sold to someone who might not know or do as much and he’ll get sick again? Make whatever deal you need with the store to keep him and point out that it is not profitable for them to be taking on chameleons to sell when they will only get sick and probably die under the environment they are kept in. but i can keep sitting outside with him

Great news!

@Beman He is still owned by the store so i just work with what i can get from them and with what i have for the moment, so i dont think i will build and enclosure outside unless i get him completely, because probably when he gesr fully recovered he will be sold, but i can keep sitting outside with him
Oh ok gotcha... Well just so you know make sure someone understands that he will need outside time in the sun but not in temps that are extreme. I normally take my boy out if its like 70's because in full sun it gets a lot hotter. Without UVB he will end up dying. And it sucks that yall do not have access to the lighting you need. Arcadia is a great brand maybe that is something yall could look into trying to get in. They ship to the US all the time without issue.

Great news!

That is wonderful news!!! Keep up the good work!

Great news!

He opened both of his eyes today and eat a couple crickets by himself. Yay! Awesome news!

@Beman He is still owned by the store so i just work with what i can get from them and with what i have for the moment, so i dont think i will build and enclosure outside unless i get him completely, because probably when he gesr fully recovered he will be sold, No! No! No! For all of the love and work you are putting into getting this sweet chameleon better, you need to keep him. Why do all of this to get him better and then be sold to someone who might not know or do as much and he’ll get sick again? Make whatever deal you need with the store to keep him and point out that it is not profitable for them to be taking on chameleons to sell when they will only get sick and probably die under the environment they are kept in. but i can keep sitting outside with him
I agree. This needs to be your chameleon!

Hello everyone, our friend is doing much much better, he ate all by himself and his eyes are looking great. Also he was grey on his eyes and that is also going away.

Only issue now is that he started rubbing his eyes against stuff, i dont know if it is because he had them closed for so long he collected skin or dirt in there or if he is uncorfortable.

Here is a picture of him of today

Attachments

• 20230830_092738.jpg
    20230830_092738.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 38
Hello everyone, our friend is doing much much better, he ate all by himself and his eyes are looking great. Also he was grey on his eyes and that is also going away.

Only issue now is that he started rubbing his eyes against stuff, i dont know if it is because he had them closed for so long he collected skin or dirt in there or if he is uncorfortable.

Here is a picture of him of today
He more than likely needs to clean them. Do you guys mist his enclosure so that he can be in the mist?

He more than likely needs to clean them. Do you guys mist his enclosure so that he can be in the mist?
Since he is with me, i have been misting the enclosure twice a day, i dont want to do that too often because humidity in Panama is most of the time 70% or higer, and i dont want him to get a respiratory problem

Since he is with me, i have been misting the enclosure twice a day, i dont want to do that too often because humidity in Panama is most of the time 70% or higer, and i dont want him to get a respiratory problem
So do it in the morning and evening when basking light is not on. You have less risk of an RI misting then you do fogging in heat.

Any updates on how this boy is doing?
He is doing great! Catching crickets by himself, drinking water, all great. He stopped rubbing his eyes against stuff, so that is also good. But i convinced my boss to make him stay longer at my house so he can make a full recover.

I think he is a little underweight, i dont know if maybe any of you had a chart or know how much should he weight, and how much he should be gaining.

This may help you determine his body status.

Thank you very much! Here is a picture of him, (not very amused, because i was cleaning his and he decided to get out)

Still not completly recovered, but doing better everyday!

Attachments

• 20230903_214105.jpg
    20230903_214105.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 36
Hello everyone!

New question about our friend, he sleeps like a dog 🤣, on its side, is that ok? I thought he was sick but as soon as i started talking to him he woke up and incorporated normaly, then he started climbing the cage.

I got from work and again found him sleeping in this position.

Attachments

• 20230905_180709.jpg
    20230905_180709.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom