Blind chameleon

I was using that light for a couple hours as a basking light, should i take it out?

Right now he is sleeping normal, standing and with his tail curled up
Is that light only on during the day? I would say just a plain white light for your basking light is good, the red lights bother their eyes.

Is that light only on during the day? I would say just a plain white light for your basking light is good, the red lights bother their eyes.
Yes is only from 7 - 8 in the morning and from 5-6 in the afternoon, because my country is too hot so i just use it when the weather is nicer, he goes straight under the lamp as soon as he wakes up so i thought he was good with it. He also has the uvb light no one likes hahaha, and i am taking him outside every morning for 15 minutes.

Yes is only from 7 - 8 in the morning and from 5-6 in the afternoon, because my country is too hot so i just use it when the weather is nicer, he goes straight under the lamp as soon as he wakes up so i thought he was good with it. He also has the uvb light no one likes hahaha, and i am taking him outside every morning for 15 minutes.
You are doing a great job. I really wish you could keep this guy.

Hello everyone!

New question about our friend, he sleeps like a dog 🤣, on its side, is that ok? I thought he was sick but as soon as i started talking to him he woke up and incorporated normaly, then he started climbing the cage.

I got from work and again found him sleeping in this position.
Are you using a red basking light because if you are you need to immediately swap that out with a white basking bulb and you shouldn't have it on at night

Can i use a normal light bulb for that? The ones we use on the house?
Yes, as long as it isn’t an LED since they put out almost no heat. If it’s that hot where you are, you may not even need a basking light. Definitely no red lights at any time. It is bizarre that he would sleep on his side, but he straightened out. You’re already keeping a close eye on him and doing all that you can, so there really isn’t any more I can tell you to do…other than to keep him as yours. ;)

He may have been laying that way due to the red light. It disrupts their sleep. No lights at all at night when they need to sleep. No red lights ever due to this harming their sleep and can cause issues for their eyes.

Back
Top Bottom