Peacock chams...

Not hard at all.

Of course, if you decide you want to breed, I'm not in a position to advise you. I deliberately picked the one I thought was a male at the store because I really do not want to do the egg thing. I feel sorry for the little one I left behind...they were together so I'm pretty sure she had the opportunity to be impregnated.

How hard are they to care for?
Not hard at all.

Of course, if you decide you want to breed, I'm not in a position to advise you. I deliberately picked the one I thought was a male at the store because I really do not want to do the egg thing. I feel sorry for the little one I left behind...they were together so I'm pretty sure she had the opportunity to be impregnated.

I have to disagree with this comment. Peacock chameleons are nearly always wild caught, they are frequently in rough condition when they finally make it to the final buyers, are typically quite shy, and can be quite difficult to acclimate to captivity. I would not classify this as an easy species to keep and would not recommend them to keepers unexperienced with montane species or acclimating WC imports.

Chris

I have to disagree with this comment. Peacock chameleons are nearly always wild caught, they are frequently in rough condition when they finally make it to the final buyers, are typically quite shy, and can be quite difficult to acclimate to captivity. I would not classify this as an easy species to keep and would not recommend them to keepers unexperienced with montane species or acclimating WC imports.

Chris

Well, mine has been very easy. Increasingly there are captive bred peacocks available. Fl Chams has had them. I was told the one I bought was captive bred, though, obviously, that's problematic.

Do you have any for sale chris or know where to get them

I have 9 babies at the moment but I don't anticipate having any extra to offer for sale. I'm planning to hold most back for my own groups or to trade for other bloodlines and any others are already spoken for.

Well, mine has been very easy. Increasingly there are captive bred peacocks available. Fl Chams has had them. I was told the one I bought was captive bred, though, obviously, that's problematic.

CB and CH specimens are much less problematic than WC but they still tend to be shy and more delicate than a lot of species. CB and CH specimens are not common, however, and WC specimens are much more commonly offered for sale. They are bred and hatched occasionally and offered for sale but its more of an exception than the rule when you find them available.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom