Beautiful Chams…

BleuSaphir

Avid Member
IMG_7526.jpeg
IMG_7524.jpeg

Both are located in different Large chain petstores…both are beautiful. I haven’t bought neither of them until I move things around in my room for the perfect spot for XL Reptibreeze enclosure. And get all the supplies and plants needed to be established for an either chameleon. o_O

Pretty surprising that both the female panther and the male veiled look to be in decent physical shape. A little worrisome that they have a red heat bulb above the veiled. Hopefully they are not using it on him.

But with chain store chams comes the risk of hidden health issues. From parasites to respiratory issues and even MBD. I would strongly suggest you go with a reputable breeder to avoid the risks of a chain store cham. We have some amazing site sponsors that are breeders.

I just went back to my local Petco to check on the Panther chameleon. To my surprise it been sold. The employee told me they are glad the chameleon went to a really good home. Plus they don’t have to deal with the “devil” chameleon. :ROFLMAO:

If the cham just entered the store that would be your best chance to buy one from then. Of course one from a reputed breeder would be better, but these chams deserve a chance for a good home. 4 out of 5 (the parson is the only exception) come from a big pet store, because I felt sorry for them. 3 of them are already 3 years old and going strong without any issues.

If the cham just entered the store that would be your best chance to buy one from then. Of course one from a reputed breeder would be better, but these chams deserve a chance for a good home. 4 out of 5 (the parson is the only exception) come from a big pet store, because I felt sorry for them. 3 of them are already 3 years old and going strong without any issues.
Agree Beman and Bentley were both Petco babies. Beman they had for 4 days and Bentley they had for like 2 before I brought them home. Both totally healthy babies and Beman is now almost 5 1/2 years old.

Still a risk but the big box babies tend to be at their best health wise when they have not sat in a store for weeks.

My Stella came from Petco, as did my bearded dragon Spike. I’ll guess that most if not all of my leopard geckos and other bearded dragon also came from big box pet stores. (I got off of Craig’s List)

I didn't know how many of you have petco chams! I love hearing that they are thriving and doing amazing! 💝
It is not always the case with store bought babies. For sure most are really sad stories. I got lucky when I got Beman I was brand new and had no clue what I was in for. By the time I brought Bentley home I was very well versed in what to look for with a healthy cham. I also knew I would have less risk with them just getting him into the store. Less time to have MBD, URI, or supplementation issues.

Back
Top Bottom