Meet Bjorn

Luca

I got this beautiful little guy about 3 months ago from FL Chams, I have had no problems with him. Three days ago I added a dracaena plant to the enclosure I built him, and now he spends basically all of his day climbing that plant, I haven’t even seen him bask since. Is this an issue, or is he just getting used to a new plant?

Attachments

• IMG_3644.jpeg
    IMG_3644.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4009.jpeg
    IMG_4009.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4012.png
    IMG_4012.png
    502.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4013.png
    IMG_4013.png
    686.9 KB · Views: 30
Hi there welcome to the forum! More than likely he is just adjusting to the new plant. Double check your basking temps though if it is too hot up at basking they will stay farther down.

Just a note on where you got him from... Get a fecal sample done just to ensure he does not have a parasite issue.
Awesome, I think you are right. It is a large plant that changes his enclosure a lot
He is clear of parasites. From what I experienced FL Chams is an amazing breeder with some beautiful chameleons

Awesome, I think you are right. It is a large plant that changes his enclosure a lot
He is clear of parasites. From what I experienced FL Chams is an amazing breeder with some beautiful chameleons
Good I am happy to hear you got a fecal. This is not what we typically see here in the forum with others especially those that bought veileds. Happy your boy is healthy and thriving.

IME it can take them a week or so to adjust to any plant change. But always double check ambient and basking temps. Right now we are having a higher temps in AZ so I have to watch the temps a little closer.

Govee makes a wifi sensor that you can put in your cage to monitor temps. It goes with their app for your phone. These are great if you do not have anything like it. I run two one hooked to the basking branch at the top and one about 12 inches from the bottom of the cage. This way I can pull ambient temps from both areas. Just make sure they are not in a direct water path.

Good I am happy to hear you got a fecal. This is not what we typically see here in the forum with others especially those that bought veileds. Happy your boy is healthy and thriving.

IME it can take them a week or so to adjust to any plant change. But always double check ambient and basking temps. Right now we are having a higher temps in AZ so I have to watch the temps a little closer.

Govee makes a wifi sensor that you can put in your cage to monitor temps. It goes with their app for your phone. These are great if you do not have anything like it. I run two one hooked to the basking branch at the top and one about 12 inches from the bottom of the cage. This way I can pull ambient temps from both areas. Just make sure they are not in a direct water path.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom