Shedding tips pls…

Enjera

What can I do for my little Cham to help him during his shed so he can have a beautiful and easy shed rather than a stressful one…

Hello. Well chams are dry shedders and you are supposed to leave them be. But i have seen mine aggrssively rub their eyes against branches to remove the shed and i fear they could hurt themselves. So i blow at the eyes with quick hard blowing technique much like you would do to someone with an eyelash stuck in their eye. many times the shed will interupt their vision. Also if there is stuck shed at the tip of the tail or a joint at the hands or elbows make sure you break the band so it doesnt act like a rubberband and cut off bloodflow. This can be done by gently scratching the back side of the band enough to severe it so its not tight. with the tip of the tail, remove the whole piece if you can part of it loose. This is only with stuck shed. Dont ever use water as it will interfer with a complete shed. Shedding can cause gumpiness, irriatation, lack of appetite but that is all normal.

Hello. Well chams are dry shedders and you are supposed to leave them be. But i have seen mine aggrssively rub their eyes against branches to remove the shed and i fear they could hurt themselves. So i blow at the eyes with quick hard blowing technique much like you would do to someone with an eyelash stuck in their eye. many times the shed will interupt their vision. Also if there is stuck shed at the tip of the tail or a joint at the hands or elbows make sure you break the band so it doesnt act like a rubberband and cut off bloodflow. This can be done by gently scratching the back side of the band enough to severe it so its not tight. with the tip of the tail, remove the whole piece if you can part of it loose. This is only with stuck shed. Dont ever use water as it will interfer with a complete shed. Shedding can cause gumpiness, irriatation, lack of appetite but that is all normal.
Thank you 🙏

Back
Top Bottom