Paul is in critical condition

@lisagr07: I just can't bear to have another veiled. I knew it's ridiculous.. But, I am very attached to Paul. It's not like there is anything wrong with veiled. I would totally recommend people getting veiled as beginner's species.

I feed him critical care formula at noon..
He moved a bit and fully alert.
I put him in the sun for 5 minutes or so on a soft towel. Then, I saw his color getting brighter and colorful. I knew it's his time.

Paul died a short moment prior I am typing this.
I hope he was happy under my care.

This is harder than I thought it's going to be. But, at least, he died fast and did not seem to be suffering. :( :( :(
He was eating fine three days ago.. then Saturday he immediately in critical condition and he died today.
Dr. Stein did mention to me that Paul looked good for his age. And, this is probably due to him being old.

Thanks for ALL your positive thoughts. It helps a lot. I'm happy that I am a part of such a caring family.

Last edited:
I am so sorry you lost him.:( I know from experience how attached you can become, especially to your first chameleon, and, how devastating it is when they die. I am glad he was at home with you when he passed - my Lily was sat in my lap. I also wasn't going to get another cham right away, but we found the house so empty without her, it just wasn't the same. You don't realise how much of your daily routine revolves around them and their needs until they are gone.:( Rest in peace, Paul.

i have no doubt that Paul was a very special chameleon and totally happy being with you!!!! you both were quite lucky!!!!!

sincerely,, lisa

Frans; I am so sorry for your loss. It is always so hard to loose a beloved animal. It is the very worst part of having a pet. If you change your mind about another veiled, I'd love to send you a Luie & Camille baby in a few months.

Very sorry for your loss, keep your spirits up. He lived a long life and its because of you.

Gpmo

Very sorry to hear you lost him. Just know that Paul had over 5 great years with you, was well cared for & well loved, he passed where he was happiest with you. Remember him as a good part of you.

Back
Top Bottom