Paul is in critical condition

dodolah

Retired Moderator
Next monday, Paul, my very first chameleon (look at my avatar -that is Paul when he was still a baby), is supposed to undergo his usual annual checkup and I have made an appointment a week ago with Dr. Greek.

Unfortunately, this morning old Paul found stressed on the bottom area of the cage not moving. Yesterday he still eats fine. Although he has slowed down quite a lot lately.

I quickly warm him up and take him outside for sun.
I scheduled an emergency visit to Dr. Stein (since Dr Greek is not open on Saturday).
He is baffled as well on what happened. He checked Paul's bone, skin condition, everything and found nothing wrong. He took a sample of his blood to see if he can find something from the test. He said Paul looked good for a veiled his age. In the meantime, he gave a shot of Baytril and a dose of critical care.
He is still alert but he just cannot move..

Right now, Paul is sleeping in a small cage with a towel lining.
But, the prognosis is definitely not good.. :(:(

I sure hate to hear that. Hopefully by morning he'll start to show some improvement. How old is he?

going to be 6 this August, Jannb.. I think after him, I will not get anymore veiled. I'll start tube feeding tomorrow. I really hope he can make it :_(
Dr. Stein said it just could be his age.. but, he will see if there is some problem he can pinpoint. This monday we will know the blood result.

Sorry to hear that Frans,

My thoughts are with you and Paul & the best of luck to both of you.....between you and Dr Stein he is in the best of hands and care.

I am sincerely sorry for you and your SIR Paul, Dodo. :( However, you must be proud of keeping a chameleon that long, which is 4 more years than what he would have lived outside in Yemen!

Your dedication kept him alive and in health for a long time. Hopefully he will make it for a few more months without too much pain, who knows! :)

It's the worst feeling having a sick cham and not knowing how to help them.:( I only had my dear Lily for a little over a year, so getting Paul to 6 is a real achievement! You obviously have his care spot on for him to live such a long life. I really hope he gets better. Thinking of you. Tiff

I hate it when these things happen. I am sorry to hear that and please keep us posted as to what, if anything, the doc finds.

i am terribly sorry to hear that your chameleon is ill... hopefully the vet will pull him through!!

I think after him, I will not get anymore veiled..
but i do have a question ...
what is the reason you made this comment??
i don't have a chameleon yet but i'm leaning towards a veiled... are there issues i should know about beforehand???

i don't want to sound unconcerned about your problem, just curious about the statement??

thanks and good luck with him!!!! lisa

Back
Top Bottom