Papaya smells!!!

I was wanting to add a healthy gutload item to the bugs I feed to my guy, so I picked up a large mexican papaya the other day (10 dollars, wow!).

Let me tell you, it smells like vomit. I'm not talking about the vomit-flavored jelly means. I'm talking about vomit, like if you threw it up, ate it, and threw it up again. Not as bad as durian I would say.

It's definitely a bit ripe, but I've read that this is normal. Anybody else have experience with papaya? I hope the bugs like it :]

Yes, I've noticed that too. Glad I'm not the only one! The rest of my family seems to think it's fine...but yuck.

I've noticed that too! The first time I bought it there was no funky smell but after that I was real foul, I thought it was spoiled. I'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed that!

I was wanting to add a healthy gutload item to the bugs I feed to my guy, so I picked up a large mexican papaya the other day (10 dollars, wow!).

Let me tell you, it smells like vomit. I'm not talking about the vomit-flavored jelly means. I'm talking about vomit, like if you threw it up, ate it, and threw it up again. Not as bad as durian I would say.

It's definitely a bit ripe, but I've read that this is normal. Anybody else have experience with papaya? I hope the bugs like it :]

Yup, that's a ripe papaya. Your bugs will love it. Me, I'm not fond of papaya at all.

Definitely better than durian, though. I won't even let durian in my house even though it is my husband's favorite fruit. It's outlawed in Hong Kong.

Papaya has to be one of the worst smelling things ever! I used to buy it for my sugar gliders to eat and to make fruit smoothies for my geckos, but I could never understand how humans could eat something that smells so awful!

Papaya has to be one of the worst smelling things ever! I used to buy it for my sugar gliders to eat and to make fruit smoothies for my geckos, but I could never understand how humans could eat something that smells so awful!

Durian. You have not smelled bad until you've smelled Durian. It is banned in Hong Kong because tourists mistake the smell of Durian for sewage. It's that bad.

I've never smelled durian before but my girlfriend has some very negative things to say about them. She tried it while in China studying abroad and said it was one of the most disgusting things she's ever smelled. Somewhere in between rotting flesh, sewage. I'm pretty sure it's like a delicacy over there.

And I thought the papaya was bad... haha.

Back
Top Bottom