Panther male or female

ajohnchoi

Dear All,

Recently I have bought a Panther Chameleon and pictures are as follows.

CIMG3500.jpg

CIMG3504.jpg

CIMG3503.jpg

CIMG3502.jpg

CIMG3501.jpg

This is still aroun 8cm body length baby.

Please help me to identify it is male or female.

Thanks alot.

I agree with Croma , Its a Female

Is she wild caught? She looks as beat up as your finger . :D

She's actually CB. Then this is bad news to me as I want a male.

Actually, how to correctly identify a male of this size? Male's color shows up during this size?

My spelling is horrible today. Above I meant Male - not mail and bump no bumb. Sorry

They can be sexed by a skilled at really young. I have a hard time below 2 months. The picture of the little guy is 2 months old.

You have a pretty girl , what locale is she? do you know.

My spelling is horrible today. Above I meant Male - not mail and bump no bumb. Sorry

They can be sexed by a skilled at really young. I have a hard time below 2 months. The picture of the little guy is 2 months old.

You have a pretty girl , what locale is she? do you know.

I have requested for a Nosy Be, if that dealer is correct, then that will be a female Nosy Be.....

I can tell that she had been housed with other juvenile panthers past the time when they were starting to get territorial. She has clear panther bites on her legs and tail. If you look closely you can see the shape and exact direction that the cham was facing when it bit her. The typical "V" pattern that their mouth leaves. This is a good example of why it is a good idea to seperate juveniles. It shouldn't affect her physically, it just leaves scars. She also has a kink in her tail that you want to keep an eye on. As long as it isn't an open wound it shouldn't cause any problems. Pretty cham though, she will probably show even more color as she matures.

Attachments

• female panther bites.jpg
    female panther bites.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 155
I can tell that she had been housed with other juvenile panthers past the time when they were starting to get territorial. She has clear panther bites on her legs and tail. If you look closely you can see the shape and exact direction that the cham was facing when it bit her. The typical "V" pattern that their mouth leaves. This is a good example of why it is a good idea to seperate juveniles. It shouldn't affect her physically, it just leaves scars. She also has a kink in her tail that you want to keep an eye on. As long as it isn't an open wound it shouldn't cause any problems. Pretty cham though, she will probably show even more color as she matures.

You are correct Jerm, I can confirm also the bite direction. The kink on the tail doesn't do any problem since that part is energetic and as usual can act as prehensile tail. I think it shouldn't be a problem.

If I put a male inside with her, is there going to be any aggression?

You are correct Jerm, I can confirm also the bite direction. The kink on the tail doesn't do any problem since that part is energetic and as usual can act as prehensile tail. I think it shouldn't be a problem.

If I put a male inside with her, is there going to be any aggression?

I wouldn't keep a male and female together. They can be very aggressive towards each other, plus they will constantly stress each other out. Only introduce them when the female shows receptive colors for breeding, but she isn't old enough for that yet. How big is your cage? Is the male larger than her? They may not show aggression at first, but she is close to being mature, and once that happens they can do some damage to each other if a fight breaks out. I have had females that are pretty aggressive and attack males, also males that are aggressive that attack females.

I wouldn't keep a male and female together. They can be very aggressive towards each other, plus they will constantly stress each other out. Only introduce them when the female shows receptive colors for breeding, but she isn't old enough for that yet. How big is your cage? Is the male larger than her? They may not show aggression at first, but she is close to being mature, and once that happens they can do some damage to each other if a fight breaks out. I have had females that are pretty aggressive and attack males, also males that are aggressive that attack females.

The cage is 12 x 12 x 18 inch high wire net cage (each hole is 0.5cm) made by my friend.

Back
Top Bottom