Panther chameleon

@Excavation - cool your jets and cut it out. You need to get over the fact that perhaps this thread didn't go the way you planned because people tried to give you advice that you feel like you didn't need. When you go to the internet to ask for advice that is going to happen. You can be mature about it and say thanks and move on or you can continue to be immature about it like you are currently. James gave you an apology, which is MUCH more than you would typically expect from an internet interaction. So cut it out.

Chams usually don't like to drink in front of people so you may need to up mistings but maybe he's just comfortable around you. How big are the praying mantises that your feeding, and did you feed him one before he stopped eating?

I detest people that feel better than others you my friend have a very sorry life I can tell it's ok tho I never said I cut the worms everyday I only mentioned that because of the tongue issue I honestly don't need your help there's plenty of people on this forum that will help without the rude comments thanks again but no thanks you are upset about something you have no control over and if you truly cared you'd help instead of insulting me with your newbies comments I feel bad that so many people are discouraged by low lives like yourself not me you can continue trolling and for the comment about animals suffering? Do you work at a rescue because I can direct you to a few here in the sfv they got alot of volunteer positions

Your Chameleon will likely continue to suffer because you're prioritising your social interactions over focusing on its health on this thread.

This makes me sad.

jamest0o0 truly cares about his chameleons. I would have to say I have had quite a few positive interactions with him on this site.

I will also admit that I have observed that at times he does (seldomely) become unfiltered and outspoken. This comes from a place of passion, and he is quick to admit if he crosses a line and apologizes.

I have to say that from many sources beyond his, I have learned that mealworms and superworms, hold little nutrition when feeding chameleons (even when gutloaded). They often can cause impaction, and in most cases should rarely be used as a food source (if at all).

There was a question you had about your chameleons ability to feed, correct?

Shall we focus on that? Haha

You said you are supplementing with vitamins now...no phosphorous-free calcium without D3? Calcium not only is needed for the bones but also the muscles....so its recommended that it be used at almost every feeding. Feeding/gutloading the insects is also important. This might be playing a part in the tongue and swallowing issues but to me it sounds like something else is going on too. I really think the vet is the best option if you/we can't figure it out quickly.

Sounds like your supplementation is way off. Years of misguided supplement administration will often lead to muscle atrophy and liver/kidney failure. Reptiles don't complain, and don't readily change their diet in captivity to fill their vitamin/mineral needs. We follow the tried and true daily/biweekly administration of calcium without D3/mineral or vitamin and calcium with D3 schedule. Does it work? Looks like it doesn't hurt. Within the last 12 months, companies like Arcadia and Repashy to name a few have invested heavily into nutritional research and new suppliments. We're still light years away from knowing truly what they need. In the future (and this goes for everyone who plans on acquiring a new species), we have to invest time into properly learning the "best practice" husbandry techniques. We've all got a lot to learn. Threads like this only exacerbate that ideology. I hope this OP fixes both his chameleon(who is beautiful by the way), and their attitude. On a lighter note, this thread is what I get excited about reading sometimes. Like watching TMZ or "fake news", it's a train wreck, and I can't look away!

Chameleons health are always a priority but seeing that jamest0o0 has been a member since 2008 he should've acted like it pretty disappointing he took his frustration out on a new member who clearly made a mistake excavation I recommend you find a vet that's the best advice you will receive on this forum
good luck

Chameleons health are always a priority but seeing that jamest0o0 has been a member since 2008 he should've acted like it pretty disappointing he took his frustration out on a new member who clearly made a mistake excavation I recommend you find a vet that's the best advice you will receive on this forum
good luck
good luck

Since you've only been a a member since yesterday, I'm guessing you haven't seen the great advice James has given many many people, including me. When someone asks for advice and receives advice, then tells them that they've been doing this for 10 years and they don't need your help, it can be frustrating. I've gotten into arguments in person with people who ask me questions then interrupt me to tell me that my ball pythons gonna kill me one day so there's no point in telling them. They probably need to make another thread though so they can have a fresh start because this ones just 2 pages of arguing.

Since you've only been a a member since yesterday, I'm guessing you haven't seen the great advice James has given many many people, including me. When someone asks for advice and receives advice, then tells them that they've been doing this for 10 years and they don't need your help, it can be frustrating. I've gotten into arguments in person with people who ask me questions then interrupt me to tell me that my ball pythons gonna kill me one day so there's no point in telling them. They probably need to make another thread though so they can have a fresh start because this ones just 2 pages of arguing.
/ the main importance is to spread information so we can help each other James may have spread great information before but surely got a lil inpatient this time which I think he can correct next time seeing that he's been a member since 2008 but hey just an opinion main importance is the chameleons health which is why we need to get across to explaining things to @Excavation if we truly care about them @jamest0o0 calling them idiots/newbies/ lil guys hopefully doesn't do that in every thread / @Excavation any updates?? Hopefully your chameleon is doing well :)

@ferretinmyshoes if you re-read the thread you will realize i never said i wasn't willing to accept James advice i said i would check back up the next day nd he went on a rant claiming I'm a idiot newbie and that i was ignorant for ignoring his advice please re-read the thread i wouldn't disrespect anyone unless disrespected even when he apologized he clearly calls me a newbie and suggest that i acted in such a way only because i was online that isn't an apology maybe to you and i have to disagree this isn't going to happen every time i ask for advice online this only happens when immature people offer advice claiming to be overly passionate yet gets very frustrated very fast that's not passion

/ the main importance is to spread information so we can help each other James may have spread great information before but surely got a lil inpatient this time which I think he can correct next time seeing that he's been a member since 2008 but hey just an opinion main importance is the chameleons health which is why we need to get across to explaining things to @Excavation if we truly care about them @jamest0o0 calling them idiots/newbies/ lil guys hopefully doesn't do that in every thread / @Excavation any updates?? Hopefully your chameleon is doing well :)
#Update the vet said it's definitely calcium deficiency so I was given a calcium boost and scheduled an appointment for fecal testing turns out multivitamins aren't sufficient for him and also the cage was too big not enough humidity I'm moving him to a smaller cage because he's dehydrated and is having a hard time finding water in his cage it Shud be temporary until I figure how to raise the humidity in his bigger cage the vet suggested gut-loaded everything and to keep feeding how I been feeding with the heads cut off because that's the only way he'll accept food until his tongue gets better sorry for the late response my phone went thru a boot loop thanks everyone and sorry for not filling out the form correctly won't happen again

Also the vet said to start feeding crickets more often as soon as the tongue gets better and he also mentioned about super worms and mealworms not that good but ok for variety thanks everyone for the advice I really appreciate it but next time I'll just go straight to a vet and keep this forum account for posting cool projects and stuff thanks again :)

Also the vet said to start feeding crickets more often as soon as the tongue gets better and he also mentioned about super worms and mealworms not that good but ok for variety thanks everyone for the advice I really appreciate it but next time I'll just go straight to a vet and keep this forum account for posting cool projects and stuff thanks again :)
Glad to hear your Cham is gonna get the right supplements

Glad the vet figured out what was going on!

To correct a calcium imbalance you need to give the chameleon extra calcium in the form of liquid calcium gluconate or liquid calcium sandoz until the bone density is right again. At the same time you need to ensure that your gutloading/feeding of the insects is good and that the supplementing is good too so the MBD wont return. Appropriate basking temperatures play a part too since that aids in digestion along with proper uvb to allow the chameleon to produce the D3 it needs to use the calcium.

Glad the vet figured out what was going on!

To correct a calcium imbalance you need to give the chameleon extra calcium in the form of liquid calcium gluconate or liquid calcium sandoz until the bone density is right again. At the same time you need to ensure that your gutloading/feeding of the insects is good and that the supplementing is good too so the MBD wont return. Appropriate basking temperatures play a part too since that aids in digestion along with proper uvb to allow the chameleon to produce the D3 it needs to use the calcium.
Yeah I'm giving him three drops orally daily thanks for the advice I appreciate it so does my Cham :) would I be able to drop some drops of gluconate into his dripper mixed with water to avoid handling or should I just keep handling for direct drops?

Back
Top Bottom