painting in progress...

gollum

after my last drawing got such a good response(and a few commisions:)...which i will be starting soon...when i get new pencils!), i was inspired to do more, been busy tho, so i havent got much done, but i thought i'd show you a couple of work in progress shots,

this one is of my own veiled, its acrylic on canvas, about 12"x18", just been getting in the block colours...has been fun!:)

gollum up1.JPG

gollum up2.JPG

Last edited:
Dude, seriously? I'm having you color all my pictures from now on! I can't color! It doesn't work in my braaaain! Nice stuff! Seriously!
one more exclamation mark for good measure... !

What else have you done?

So what else have you done? I like the Veiled. I oil paint impressionist landscapes. I can draw and paint horses too but have never tried a reptile.

thanks for the nice comments syn, and the exclamation marks!!!!!!.lol

and pardalisgirl, i did some paintings back in college, just still life stuff,(that was nearly 3 years ago!) nothing like this tho, and this is my first painting on canvas ever, tis soo much nice to use the paper!

ill get some more of it done today, thanks for the comments:)

Keep up the good work!!!
Do you use a photograph to work from, or do you have your little guy model each time you work on it

Keep up the good work!!!
Do you use a photograph to work from, or do you have your little guy model each time you work on it

i use a photograph to get the proportions, but my camera doesn't pick up his real colours, so i copy them from him, but this is just an underpainting so far, nothing like his real colours! done a bit more work to it a minute ago, ill do some more soon.:)

very nice job, i definitely couldn't do something like that. for some reason everything i try to draw/paint starts to slant to a random side and looks dumb >.<

good job and keep us updated when you finish it

i use a photograph to get the proportions, but my camera doesn't pick up his real colours, so i copy them from him, but this is just an underpainting so far, nothing like his real colours! done a bit more work to it a minute ago, ill do some more soon.:)
That's the best way, working from the photo helps you to keep the proportions correct and having the live version to use for reference helps you choose the most vivid colours.

Camera photos never seem to do the subject justice, painting really shows what we SEE:D

update

i did a bit more of the painting last night, thought i'd share another pic, ill get some more done soon, starting on commissions today tho, they're my priority atm:), so i dunno when ill get it finished. pics are with and without flash.

gollum ap 1.JPG

gollum ap2.JPG

Last edited:
beautifull ! :D
and btw i have a lot of pics lying aroud so if u like you can use mine to :)

thanks, that would be very useful, i dont wanna use peoples photo's without permission if im planning to sell the drawings/paintings, so all pics will be useful to me, :)

thanks everyone for the good comments, tis always a good confidence boost,:)

Back
Top Bottom