O'Shaughnessy's Chameleon Breeding

Hey Nick, we actually might have met at one point or another. I was breeding Quads and Montium around that time as well.. I lived in Fife at the time, currently have a home just noth of you in Covington.

I was very excited to see this thread. If it's not too much trouble, would some of you that are keeping this species tell us how your captives are doing? Any notable behaviours, parasitic issues or other things of note?

Thank you in advance for your follow ups!

I was very excited to see this thread. If it's not too much trouble, would some of you that are keeping this species tell us how your captives are doing? Any notable behaviours, parasitic issues or other things of note?

Thank you in advance for your follow ups!

I think results with Wild caught's has been mixed. Many O'shaughnessy come in loaded with parasites. Personally I have been struggling to get my pair in shape and progress has been slow. Another issue is getting them to dig a hole and lay eggs. Several people have had their O's just drop eggs. Gravid WC's seem to lay without issues and several clutches have been laid. These chameleons can be quite stunning in appearance and there are some good keepers with them so success inevitable.

IMG_20160512_085006_458.jpg
Well now we wait! 18 eggs this morning! Dug and laid not dropped!

How long is the incubation period? also what are you using underneath eggs seem like some type of tray??

Have they hatched, I've been researching this breed. I'm very interested once they hatched and are a little bigger.
I have a few panthers, one jackson, and a female dwarf Fischer.
You can reach me at [email protected]
Sincerely Jorge.
I'm about 11 months into incubation, and was told incubation is 20 months but I'm not certain, so I'm patiently waiting!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom