After care of egg laying

Oliviag1x

Hi all.

(First time egg laying experience)

So narla has just over 1. She has finally layed her eggs last night through to this morning. She then covered all of her eggs over and patted it all down. She has now moved up under her lights. (I am currently in work so yet to check how many eggs she has)

My question is the after care of this. I’ve dusted and gut loaded some crickets for her misted her enclosure this morning also, she also has a dripper going.

I’ve seen people saying about directly misting her with warm water as she is covered in sand and soil?

I just really wanted some information about the best way to help her after her egg laying experience as I know they can be very weak after.

Thank you so much☺️

Attachments

• IMG_7213.jpeg
    IMG_7213.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 44
Hi all.

So narla has just over 1. She has finally layed her eggs last night through to this morning. She then covered all of her eggs over and patted it all down. She has now moved up under her lights. (I am currently in work so yet to check how many eggs she has)

My question is the after care of this. I’ve dusted and gut loaded some crickets for her misted her enclosure this morning also, she also has a dripper going.

I’ve seen people saying about directly misting her with warm water as she is covered in sand and soil?

I just really wanted some information about the best way to help her after her egg laying experience as I know they can be very weak after.

Thank you so much☺️
Congrats to the little lady and good luck with the eggs. I would recommend dusting your insects with Calcium every feeding to prevent Ca defenticy until she gets some weight back on.

Congratulations! I give my girls a direct, long misting to get all the sand out of their eyes and off their body. I feed well and give liquid calcium for three days after laying and then go back to their regular diet.
Thank you! Is there a liquid calcium that you recommend?

Congrats!!!
Thank you!!
Hi all.

So narla is just over 1. She has finally layed her eggs last night through to this morning. She then covered all of her eggs over and patted it all down. She has now moved up under her lights. (I am currently in work so yet to check how many eggs she has)

Thank you so much☺️

Hi and congrats to you both! You never want to use warm water for misting. What feels lukewarm to us can actually be scalding hot to a chameleon. Do give her a good long misting or two. To help her rehydrate, hornworms and silkworms are great. You want to feed her very well for the next couple of days and then start her in a reduced diet of 3-4 feeders, 3 days a week. Keep her basking temp no higher than 80. This will help reduce the number of eggs her body produces and may even reduce how often she produces them. Some girls will even stop producing eggs completely. Producing and laying eggs really takes a great deal out of our beautiful girls and shortens their lives, so the less they lay, the longer they’ll be with us. One of my veiled girls had stopped producing eggs and the other did only once a year (and I think only because she kept peeking at my boy).

Hi and congrats to you both! You never want to use warm water for misting. What feels lukewarm to us can actually be scalding hot to a chameleon. Do give her a good long misting or two. To help her rehydrate, hornworms and silkworms are great. You want to feed her very well for the next couple of days and then start her in a reduced diet of 3-4 feeders, 3 days a week. Keep her basking temp no higher than 80. This will help reduce the number of eggs her body produces and may even reduce how often she produces them. Some girls will even stop producing eggs completely. Producing and laying eggs really takes a great deal out of our beautiful girls and shortens their lives, so the less they lay, the longer they’ll be with us. One of my veiled girls had stopped producing eggs and the other did only once a year (and I think only because she kept peeking at my boy).
Her forbidden love....tis a true Romeo and Juliette story chameleon style...

Back
Top Bottom