orphaned puppies

vindicatedornot

**orphaned (freaking laptop keyboards >_< )

Today some jackass left a basket with 4 week old puppies inside in front of the petshop. 5 of them. It was already reaching 90 degrees whenver we got there to open! There was nothing but a note saying they were dachshund mix's born on 4th of july. That's america for you..

I don't think they look very dachshund-ish. But they are cute cute cute.
3 boys (gold, sable, and black), 2 girls (brindle and black). They are so cute whenever they waddle around. Have I said they are cute enough? NO.

But yeah, we can't keep them at the petshop so my boss asked me to take them home until they were old enough to be there. (8 weeks) So I have 5 new puppies for a few weeks XD

Good news is she'll pay me for this extra work.

pups.jpg

This is what i first fed them. They ate that whole bowl in less than 5 minutes!

PICT00022.jpg

I soon after gave them vaccines and dewormer. At 4 weeks they are due for these anyways so it wasn't too out of the ordinary.

Tomorrow they will get some dry food too. I just wanted to make sure they could eat something today. Who knows when they had their last meal? Poor babies...

Sorry this was kind of a meaningless post. I just wanted to rant about the jerk that left them. Why would you be so irresponsible to get a dog and not spay or neuter it if you could not take care of the possible puppies?

I hate people! Arg!!

-Andrea

Bless you for taking them on! I volunteer with our local shelter and it happens to us alot. I guess they think they are doing the right thing, but they go about it in the wrong way! Good Luck!

You know what, as bad as it was leaving them there, the person could have dumped them along side of a road where they could have recieved NO help. You might want to check CL and see if anyone had puppies stolen. Are you in an area with a kill shelter? Maybe that is why they didn't take them to the shelter (or if the shelter charges for drop offs). Maybe the mother was hit by a car and the person didn't know what to do with them. Maybe the person in homeless and couldn't take care of them properly. Be thankful they left them where somone could care for them.

- just bringing up another side of the coin.

:cool:

You know what, as bad as it was leaving them there, the person could have dumped them along side of a road where they could have recieved NO help. You might want to check CL and see if anyone had puppies stolen. Are you in an area with a kill shelter? Maybe that is why they didn't take them to the shelter (or if the shelter charges for drop offs). Maybe the mother was hit by a car and the person didn't know what to do with them. Maybe the person in homeless and couldn't take care of them properly. Be thankful they left them where somone could care for them.

- just bringing up another side of the coin.

:cool:

that's very true, but the shelters here would only kill a vicious dog. Puppies this young are placed in homes very easily, so why would they kill them? I can see how they were trying to do the right thing, but If something happened to the mother I don't see why they wouldnt talk to us instead of dumping them here.

I live in a very large city. Lots of poor people in surrounding areas. They all have mutt dogs chained up in their backyards. Packs of strays roam random neighborhoods. Lots of signs saying mixed breed puppies. Many many of these people are too ignorant to realize what they are doing to the dog population and are too stupid to get their dogs fixed and it bothers me. That's all I was saying.

I'm thankful to be able to help these little guys. I just want people to think.

p.s. thanks for bringing up a positive side to this. I'm bad at that.

Couldn't agree with you more Andrea. People are all to often ignorant creatures that should probably be put down themselves. You know, clean up the human gene pool. Or how about an IQ test. You have to score so high to be allowed to reproduce.

So glad you are able to help these sweet little puppies. I feel so sorry for animals.......they can only do what people do to them.

Couldn't agree with you more Andrea. People are all to often ignorant creatures that should probably be put down themselves. You know, clean up the human gene pool. Or how about an IQ test. You have to score so high to be allowed to reproduce.

Man when i said that same thing to my parents a few months ago, about thinning the morons out of the human population and not allowing people with extremely low IQs to reproduce, and things of that nature, it didnt go to well to say the least. there should be a worldwide IQ test just to see where the human population is going. you wouldn't believe what kind of stupid questions i get at the aquarium: ex: "i absolutely sure i saw a Malaysian whip scorpion in the middle of the californian desert." or "oooooooohhhhh thats a whata spida oooooohhhhh wooooooooo." the water spider was a starry eyed hermit crab. ahhhh the world is going mad i tell you. sorry to hijack the thread, but i had to say that.

LOL CM, I know and don't honestly believe there should be any tests. LMAO That was more or less a remark to show just how dissatisfied with the human race I am at times.

yeah, once you said that i was like oh yeah i hate really stupid people, and i have a wacky story about that sort of thing

Good job Andrea, Those puppies will now have a shot at a decent life.:)

As for the IQ test for valueless humans..... Forget it...it's way to far out of hand now.:rolleyes:

Armageddon is long overdue .... We desperately need a clean slate. Sorry guys, but I'd be more then happy to push the button!;)

-Jay

At least they had a bit of sense to leave them where someone might be able to take care of them. Most of the time with reptiles, people just let them go in parks or abandoned lots and think they can take care of themselves. I know two people now that have found bearded dragons in their backyards, and they live in the Mojave desert. Good on you for taking the poor little things in.

I disagree with the "bit of sense" part. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a pet shop can take care of puppies. What does take thought is the financial implications of doing this to a pet shop. Now they are going to have to pay Andrea to take care of these unwanted animals, plus food, medication/shots, housing. And in the end they are muts. I doubt very seriously anyone is going to pay much for them. Andreas boss will be very lucky to break even. I do agree that what this person did was better than just dumping them on the side of the road...but really not much.

I disagree with the "bit of sense" part. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a pet shop can take care of puppies. What does take thought is the financial implications of doing this to a pet shop. Now they are going to have to pay Andrea to take care of these unwanted animals, plus food, medication/shots, housing. And in the end they are muts. I doubt very seriously anyone is going to pay much for them. Andreas boss will be very lucky to break even. I do agree that what this person did was better than just dumping them on the side of the road...but really not much.

Exactly. I'm not getting paid much either, but to me it's not about the money. I feel bad for my boss though. The recession is affecting them enough already. And it feels terrible trying to sell a dog that you have no idea what it is.

Ok add genetic testing to the list of expenses. For 60 bucks each you can get a DNA test of the K9 and they will tell you what is exactly in that genetic soup.

I'm about to do this with my pit. I know she is mixed with something, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is.

You pay for the service, then send you the sterile swab and a container to mail it back. You swab the inside of the dogs cheek and mail it to the company. They then send you a certificate listing all the breeds that are in your animal.

Dunno why I brought this up, other than I think it's cool as sh!t they can do this now, and at a reasonable price.

Ok add genetic testing to the list of expenses. For 60 bucks each you can get a DNA test of the K9 and they will tell you what is exactly in that genetic soup.

I'm about to do this with my pit. I know she is mixed with something, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is.

You pay for the service, then send you the sterile swab and a container to mail it back. You swab the inside of the dogs cheek and mail it to the company. They then send you a certificate listing all the breeds that are in your animal.

Dunno why I brought this up, other than I think it's cool as sh!t they can do this now, and at a reasonable price.

I suggested this to my boss already pure and she is a cheap little asian woman. She said if they buyers want to know the breed she will refer them to the service. :rolleyes:

I suggested this to my boss already pure and she is a cheap little asian woman. She said if they buyers want to know the breed she will refer them to the service. :rolleyes:

LOL, she still has a good heart. Good news is, only one would have to be tested. But I honestly don't think it would help sell the pups.

Back
Top Bottom