Opinions on Chameleon Pricing

I have not read every post on this thread, however I do have input.

In the past year I've been getting into a few paths of reptile breeding, and personally quality counts. Always a difference between a DEALER and a BREEDER.

I've worked in pet shops and even a reptile specialty store, and have had hands on experience with a lot of people who call themselves Breeders. In my opinion this is not always the case, mass breeding a certain animal. It's just odd to me for someone to feel comfortable ordering 100-200 ANIMALS wholesale, then expecting about 40-90 of them to DIE.

My point is that not all of the time do you get what you pay for. If a facility "can't or won't" send you a picture of how they house chameleons (Or whatever species you're buying), that's not odd to you? Do you're research on the PERSON or PEOPLE that you are buying your animal from. Whether you have a pet, a breeder, or something just for show...you have a LIVE ANIMAL. Whether 1 or 100 of them...they all need to have proper living conditions.

I'm not against low priced reptiles, however if someone tries hard to PUSH a sale for a cheap reptile...no thank you.

Back
Top Bottom