open top??

dylanserbin

Hey i am going to be upgrading for my juvi panther pretty soon and i am brainstorming ideas.

I say an open top terrarium with a ficus tree in the middle of it housing baby vieled chams once. Would this work with a full grown male panther?? I would think a 3"x3" footprint and maybe 2" high.

Would this be possible?

It could work. If done correctly, I think it'd look beautiful! How do you plan on giving him sufficient lighting (UV, heat)?

It's a good question. Yeah, if you were to have a 3x3 footprint, that would most defiantly work. Have you considered what to use for substrate? Impaction? When you say 2'' tall, do you mean the wall or the ficus? I would suggest a couple large plants, but not ficus; they seem to be a little flimsy. There was someone on here who did that with their T. quardicornis. He housed a trio in an open-air enclosure. I'll see if I can dig it up!

That's pretty much what I did for my Jackson's except I hung a coupleif Pothos plants above the open top. Now he free ranges the whole living room. Very cool!!!

Back
Top Bottom