Are my enclosures overplanted?

I recently added a few more plants to give some more hides for my boys. I’m comfortable with Stick’s enclosure (on the right) but wondering if I overplanted Frank’s (on the left) or both?

Stick is a panther and Frank is a veiled, both adults now. I’m guessing it’s because of the newness of the change (did this all yesterday!) but Frank seems timid with his. He’s always seemed to prefer being on that top middle area without much hiding. I don’t think he’s really ever hidden at all since I’ve had him (March of this year). I’m going to give it a few days of adjustment but if he doesn’t venture down into the plants, should I try removing a couple? Even when the cage was a lot more branchy and less planty, he just always seems to want to hang out on that top center perch. He only goes down to the bottom branch in the corner when he wants to sleep and the past week (before and after new plants) he’s been just sleeping on the one end of the same top perch. Thoughts?

Husbandry info is in my other thread (now with updated MistKing setup). UVI and basking temps are on point (3 and ~85F). I am going to purchase a Herpstat this week to have that soon as well but for now I’m using a Solarmeter 6.5R and a highly-rated thermogun. Ambient temps and humidity seem fine.

Thanks for checking this out for me! I’d love any constructive criticism!

EE5FF83E-C772-4046-8F21-32F240592144.jpeg

EE143FDE-3477-432D-B313-AF50F3481BE1.jpeg

065575FD-8C16-427E-AFFC-F615B839EEC4.jpeg

I recently added a few more plants to give some more hides for my boys. I’m comfortable with Stick’s enclosure (on the right) but wondering if I overplanted Frank’s (on the left) or both?

Stick is a panther and Frank is a veiled, both adults now. I’m guessing it’s because of the newness of the change (did this all yesterday!) but Frank seems timid with his. He’s always seemed to prefer being on that top middle area without much hiding. I don’t think he’s really ever hidden at all since I’ve had him (March of this year). I’m going to give it a few days of adjustment but if he doesn’t venture down into the plants, should I try removing a couple? Even when the cage was a lot more branchy and less planty, he just always seems to want to hang out on that top center perch. He only goes down to the bottom branch in the corner when he wants to sleep and the past week (before and after new plants) he’s been just sleeping on the one end of the same top perch. Thoughts?

Husbandry info is in my other thread (now with updated MistKing setup). UVI and basking temps are on point (3 and ~85F). I am going to purchase a Herpstat this week to have that soon as well but for now I’m using a Solarmeter 6.5R and a highly-rated thermogun. Ambient temps and humidity seem fine.

View attachment 342662
View attachment 342663

View attachment 342664
You can never over-plant an enclosure. The more chams can hide the more confident the can become and come out. Nice plants!

I don’t think that’s possible , plus you have a ton of room down around the bottom

View attachment 342662
View attachment 342663

View attachment 342664

Attachments

• IMG_7168.jpeg
    IMG_7168.jpeg
    408.3 KB · Views: 48
I don’t think that’s possible , plus you have a ton of room down around the bottom
This is incredible! Do you mind sharing the materials you made this out of? I’m having a huge centerpiece custom enclosure made and we are trying to redesign a little right now. Beautiful stuff!

your enclosures look awesome only thing I’d consider is maybe moving some of the plants down as they’re going to grow in over time so atleast that way the whole enclosure is fully planted and your not constantly trimming back the plants besides that they look amazing

your enclosures look awesome only thing I’d consider is maybe moving some of the plants down as they’re going to grow in over time so atleast that way the whole enclosure is fully planted and your not constantly trimming back the plants besides that they look amazing
Good idea, thank you so much! I’m glad I’m on the right track!

This is incredible! Do you mind sharing the materials you made this out of? I’m having a huge centerpiece custom enclosure made and we are trying to redesign a little right now. Beautiful stuff!
Enclosure is a tamura designs . It’s PVC and acrylic. I live in a very low humidity environment so I had custom doors made for the sides that are double doors one is a screen and one is an acrylic door so I can open and close them to bring Humidity up . Believe it or not there’s only. Five plants in there. Two ficuses one Pothos. One palm. And I forgot the broadleaf name in the middle, but I really like those .

Enclosure is a tamura designs . It’s PVC and acrylic. I live in a very low humidity environment so I had custom doors made for the sides that are double doors one is a screen and one is an acrylic door so I can open and close them to bring Humidity up . Believe it or not there’s only. Five plants in there. Two ficuses one Pothos. One palm. And I forgot the broadleaf name in the middle, but I really like those .
Oh man I just checked out their website and I am going to be dropping a lot of money there! Thanks for that hahaha!

I keep wanting to impulse-build/decorate new enclosures. Is yours bioactive? Your enclosure style is 100% the goal!

Oh man I just checked out their website and I am going to be dropping a lot of money there! Thanks for that hahaha!

I keep wanting to impulse-build/decorate new enclosures. Is yours bioactive? Your enclosure style is 100% the goal!
No, I keep it clean bottom . It’s easier to maintain my habitats are so huge Just makes it easier to keep control of the insects and poops. Yeah, just tell Dale I sent you.😊. And be patient. I’m currently in production for another one. I used to build my own bed for what it cost me and materials. It’s cheaper to go with Dale.

No, I keep it clean bottom . It’s easier to maintain my habitats are so huge Just makes it easier to keep control of the insects and poops. Yeah, just tell Dale I sent you.😊. And be patient. I’m currently in production for another one. I used to build my own bed for what it cost me and materials. It’s cheaper to go with Dale.
I’ll be sure to mention you! And I figured it would be cheaper after doing some cost calculation. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom