One last time before I go the PETCO in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You act exactly like my ex. @Graves923 has not vocally retracted their offer, just asked that you do not photo edit the footage to help perpetuate a chameleon myth. The fact still remains that you were given multiple options to obtain the footage you desire, albeit not necessarily with a chameleon, but you have made it clear that you have decided to stick to your original plan and have even stated that you are going to go buy one from PetCo and then return it afterwards. You did chose to take the easier option. Justify it all you want, it is still the easier path for you. I am done with this post as you are one of those people, who even when all the facts would indicate this is a bad idea, you still chose to go through with it. There is no reasoning with people like you, @Nydiam2020. I'm done with this thread as you seem to refuse to listen to any of us. And I have read all posts you have made. Your final decision is not one any of us here condone.

Regards,
Jevin

I do apologize to the other forum user's for being harsh, but she was given a viable option which she has yet to take. People like this get under my skin and unleash my inner Aries, for the most part I'm calm and kind.
I don't believe your apology, blaming others or a zodiacal sign for your actions will never be the answer. If you had read the other posts before choosing to disrespect, offend, attack and, accuse I would appreciate more your opinionated remarks

@Nydiam2020, just because I didn't post on the other threads you made doesn't mean I didn't read them. I do not care if you believe my apology, as it wasn't intended for you. I have not made a single accusation, all of my points are either something you stated, or was stated in another post. And buying a chameleon locally just to get the footage, with the intent to return it afterwards is the easier option than either changing your student project slightly, or driving 2 hours to meet someone who was willing to help you. You can throw your accusations all you want, but all my points are true. The fact that you cannot see that, as well as not take into account how a forum works, leads me to conclude that overall you are a immature individual. You will not get any more response from me as you are not worth my time, respect, or energy. And like my abusive ex, you lash out when proven wrong until you get your way.

Regards,
Jevin

I am about 2 hours south of the NYC in New Jersey. If you are willing to come to me, I can have a very pissed off full grown chameleon walk on a stick for you.
@Graves923 Thanks so much for considering helping, I really appreciated it. I'm also aware that you disagree with video editing, that is why, respecting your position, I decided not to inquire further. I didn't want to lie and say I won't filter the colors, my plan is to make the colors so obviously fake, like mocking the capacity to change colors, that it won't be a "myth perpetuation video". By the way, I'm in Staten Island South... Thanks again.

You came here with innocence and great misinformation about chameleons. You were quickly educated about the nature of these animals and just as quickly learned how passionately the forum cares about them. Yet you took offense and have persisted, even threatening to exploit and abuse one if you aren’t helped by anyone here. You have implied that it is just as abusive to keep a chameleon in captivity so someone here should help you. A member offered you to film his cham, but you insist on perpetuating the myth that they can change colors to match their background which was against one of his stipulations. How can you honestly expect anything but anger?

Not sure what you are referring to, I was responding to the insinuation that I was a serial killer...

Youre being a serial idiot. This is a forum for people who actually care about and care for chameleons. Youre obviously not one of those people, youd be better off on facebook. You got the answer, it just wasnt the one you were looking for. Chameleons are extremely high stress animals, and your comment about puppies proves you have no clue what youre talking about. You dont have chameleons safety and well being in mind so why are you still here?

You came here with innocence and great misinformation about chameleons. You were quickly educated about the nature of these animals and just as quickly learned how passionately the forum cares about them. Yet you took offense and have persisted, even threatening to exploit and abuse one if you aren’t helped by anyone here. You have implied that it is just as abusive to keep a chameleon in captivity so someone here should help you. A member offered you to film his cham, but you insist on perpetuating the myth that they can change colors to match their background which was against one of his stipulations. How can you honestly expect anything but anger?
Youre being a serial idiot. This is a forum for people who actually care about and care for chameleons. Youre obviously not one of those people, youd be better off on facebook. You got the answer, it just wasnt the one you were looking for. Chameleons are extremely high stress animals, and your comment about puppies proves you have no clue what youre talking about. You dont have chameleons safety and well being in mind so why are you still here?
I forgive you for your sad anger directed toward me, I feel sorry for your aggressive behavior and also for those around you that surely are subject to such issue. I care and I don't want to hurt any animal that is why I was looking for support. No animal in a real natural environment lives such sedentary, quite life, stress is part of living beings existence, this is just a FACT, of course, that does not mean it is okay to stress them for fun. Besides, I have had dogs my whole life, even worked in a non for profit rescue organization taking care of them.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone :)
Before I head to PETCO and get my own chameleon, I decided to ask one more time. This is for a student project and the idea is to record a short video of the Chameleon walking as straight as possible over a branch for about 3 feet. The camera can be up to 10 feet away to avoid stressing the animal (I can use zoom in feature). I'm located in the New York City area. I can come to you, I'll bring my HD camera and lights if than is OK. Of course, I'll share the video with you so you will have a long lasting memory of your pet and I can complete my student project. *No money exchange*.
Am in the Bronx you can take video of my Cham if you want

Attachments

• E1D13466-A728-4C21-9B62-5F7F5C62F128.jpeg
    E1D13466-A728-4C21-9B62-5F7F5C62F128.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 466092EE-61F2-4D19-9239-99782FE64C18.jpeg
    466092EE-61F2-4D19-9239-99782FE64C18.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 83
  • C8CD58D9-D13E-4019-8CE2-4281A502029B.jpeg
    C8CD58D9-D13E-4019-8CE2-4281A502029B.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 78
Hey I just wanted to say if you are a film student or going into a creative multimedia field I truly hope that you will consider this: you have the power to do more than entertain. If you choose an idea based on a preconceived notion or stereotype and then realize the community that is represented by it could be harmed or that you could be perpetuating an issue that is problematic I hope you will have the backbone to reverse course. Right now it is just chameleons but you know if your ever making a film about a culture outside of your own and are offered the chance to learn or just be a part of the problem I hope you’ll do better at choosing than you are now.

Conclusion, I am grateful, I have learned a lot more than what I was expecting. Other that important information about chameleons, here I have seen how one can do the opposite of effectively help to change things. The world is full of ignorance, which is the root cause of most of the problems of the world but it is precisely the anger that generates what guarantees that ignorance will perpetually persist. Not everybody will always do things the way you want and they won't disappear your because you are angry. Quite the opposite. At the end, for those that really don't care for animals -any animal- they don't spend time in here they just got to the store, buy, use and, then dispose. That is the sad reality whether we like it or not. Get angry as much as you want, it will not change anything. I found a fair and humane solution to this recording and I'm going for it. Thanks to all of those that helped me see things better, I appreciate and value your advice.

Conclusion, I am grateful, I have learned a lot more than what I was expecting. Other that important information about chameleons, here I have seen how one can do the opposite of effectively help to change things. The world is full of ignorance, which is the root cause of most of the problems of the world but it is precisely the anger that generates what guarantees that ignorance will perpetually persist. Not everybody will always do things the way you want and they won't disappear your because you are angry. Quite the opposite. At the end, for those that really don't care for animals -any animal- they don't spend time in here they just got to the store, buy, use and, then dispose. That is the sad reality whether we like it or not. Get angry as much as you want, it will not change anything. I found a fair and humane solution to this recording and I'm going for it. Thanks to all of those that helped me see things better, I appreciate and value your advice.

Conclusion

139B5666-B304-49ED-BBF5-878D83F5A283.jpeg

Hey I just wanted to say if you are a film student or going into a creative multimedia field I truly hope that you will consider this: you have the power to do more than entertain. If you choose an idea based on a preconceived notion or stereotype and then realize the community that is represented by it could be harmed or that you could be perpetuating an issue that is problematic I hope you will have the backbone to reverse course. Right now it is just chameleons but you know if your ever making a film about a culture outside of your own and are offered the chance to learn or just be a part of the problem I hope you’ll do better at choosing than you are now.
Thanks for your thoughtful words, you are so right, I am perfectly aware of that and I take it seriously. I have not interest in being part of the problem I promise you I will do my best to avoid reinforcing the preconceived notion or stereotype. Your love for other living beings is inspiring.

so much to say for someone who has the most stressed out poor chameleon in this whole chat. Congratulations, your poor pet wan the #1 place for scared to dead poor defenseless little due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom