One eye closed on Veiled

i had an issue with my veild keeping one eye closed and when he did open it he squinted alot i did alot of misting with really warm water alot more than i usually do to get humidity lvls way up and usually he runs away from it but this time just laid their still and seemed to enjoy it and it seemed to work so i think he may have just gotten something in his eye or not proper lvls of humidity he seems ok now

Just for clarification: syringe does not mean a needle.
176022.jpg

Thanks everyone! I have just returned from the vet and left her there in the hospitol for about 3 days so hopefully it turns out well especially for the amount of cash i just forked up:(

I believe they work without the needle...the point is, there's no needle needed. Sometimes people get confused by the word "syringe" as they have only experienced it in doctors' offices.

I got my "oral dosing syringe" by buying a package of baby tylenol that had an oral syringe included in the package....I tossed the meds and kept the syringe. At Wal Mart, that cost me under $2.

You need to look carefully at the packaging though because sometimes baby drugs are packaged with an eyedropper...useful in its own way, that's not the same as a syringe.

I've used the one in the picture...and I have also used it with a cat catheter (cut shorter depending on what I'm trying to give the chameleon) added onto it.

Yes they work they are just more difficult than oral syringes because oral syringes are made for that. The luer lock syringes are made for needles. But that is just my opinion.

Pharmacies carry the kind of dropper you should use with your cham. It is for dispensing medication to children. It is plastic and about as big around as a finger. The pharmacy I work at gives them away for free. Just ask at the counter.

Back
Top Bottom