OMG Accuminatus eggs!

dartfrog

Hi everyone I cant believe what Ive found today decided to completly strip my Accuminatus viv as i wanted to replace the cover on the Flexi theyre in. To my amazement I found a clutch of 5 eggs then another 4 eggs then a third clutch of 4 eggs Im so happy!!:):) Ive had the pair approx 13months I think, not sure when the eggs were laid one clutch looks fairly new they are about half the size of the other 2 clutches, they all look really good lovely & white. The temps have been preety warm at the moment soil temp has been 24degrees during the day still getting a good nightime drop thou, for the last 3weeks or so weve had a heatwave here in the UK. Ive decided to leave the eggs were they were laid as both my incubators Im using for other cham eggs are being kept cooler, so thought it would be best not to change the temps they had been used to. Does anyone know how often they normally lay so I have an idea when to expect babies? :) Thanks so much Heatherxxx

Thanks James, Im really hoping so. Dreading how stressed Im going to be when they start hatching;) Heatherxxx

How wonderful, that will be both dreading and can't wait at the same time. Good luck I hope they all produce lovely little ones for you.

Thanks so much Laurie, Im so excited that ive managed to breed them dont think anyone else has here in the UK:) Heatherxxx

Nice job, my boyfriend has bred them as the only one known in Belgium and The Netherlands. You should keep them at around 20 degrees celcius, I don't know what it's in Fahrenheit. You could also have kept them in the terrarium on that temperature but you have to be careful with parasites and little insect eating them and the parents hehe. We keep our eggs of acuminatus and spinosus in a closet in the living room and had great succes with these little guys ;)

It's so cute when they come out of theier eggs, they are as small as your fingertip!

Thanks Tiff, I will try & get some pics for you soon along with my Meru pics that I promised you last month:eek: I never seem to have any spare time for taking them! Sorry! I weighed Sophie today she has put on some more so hopefully baby Merus as well. Hope they dont all come along as once! Heatherxxx

Hehe! A house full of baby chameleons sounds wonderful! Not to mention time consuming and stressful!:D I look forward to pics - a lot of the cham names don't mean much to me, so pics really help!:eek:

Hi Eszzie Is your boyfriend Tom( Belgium lizard) If so Ive been reading his thread its great very imformative! The temps were approx 20degrees during the day its only the last couple of weeks its increased with the extreme weather. They look so good this is why I thought it best to leave them in situ. Ive cut the bottoms off some plastic cups to make a sleave around them so they have some protection from any creepy crawlies. Thanks for you help Heatherxxx

NICE!!! You are going to be hatching all kinds of cool pygmy species:D I hope all goes well with them. If I were to get a pygmy species it would definitely be acuminatus!

Thanks Cain, really hope they do well. My first 4 Tenuis eggs are still looking good, sadly the single one turned out to be infertile had a gut feeling it would be. Heatherxxx

Our tenuis died of old age and from the eggs we had only female, we couldn't find any males anywhere so exchanged for thamnobates's in Hamm. I think the female tenuis babies are too cute :p

Back
Top Bottom