Odd things you do being a cham keeper

So you know she's a she by th honking then?
Ummm how can I say this.... Female ducks talk/honk more than males ? and drakes(males)their tail feathers are curved whereas females have straight tail feathers. She was also sexed by the farm that she was purchased from.

Ok so I was just thinking about something that I happen to do that is just odd. Chameleon keeping has taken me down the path of things I never thought I would do.

Yeah it kinda consumes you, doesn’t it? For me, it’s keeping crickets...alive...on purpose. Also, never thought I’d order anything online that’s alive. Especially not fly larvae (or chameleons!).

This post got me thinking...I’ve become a little ridiculous with the number of interesting branches I find and bring home. You know, the ones with all the intact offshoots (this would make a great basking/feeding branch!) or interesting coloring (I might use these someday!). Between those, excess lumber, plastic tubs filled with bugs, and misc. building materials, I’m pretty sure I’m a hoarder now.

Sometimes, on the first day of a new school year, people will ask me, “What pets do you have?” I’ll be like, “Well I have two dogs,” completely normal, “a horse,” a little bit more extravagant, but not out of the ordinary, “a chameleon,” exotic, but not uncommon, “hundreds of crickets and some horn worms, even though their numbers are always fluctuating based on how many bugs my chameleon eats that day”. That is the point where everyone looks at me like I’m insane. Never said I wasn’t...

Sometimes, on the first day of a new school year, people will ask me, “What pets do you have?” I’ll be like, “Well I have two dogs,” completely normal, “a horse,” a little bit more extravagant, but not out of the ordinary, “a chameleon,” exotic, but not uncommon, “hundreds of crickets and some horn worms, even though their numbers are always fluctuating based on how many bugs my chameleon eats that day”. That is the point where everyone looks at me like I’m insane. Never said I wasn’t...

“How many pets do you have?”

“I don’t know”.

:ROFLMAO:

@Beman Here you go. Mei Mei in her overalls/diaper.

Attachments

• received_1311700675848887.jpeg
    received_1311700675848887.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 88
I'm going to be a bad influence and encourage you to get another Cham and a duck now. :D
Until I own my own house I am going to stay at 3, the idea of having to move just the enclosures I have terrifies me. lol. Plus I am an enclosure snob and spend way too much money every time I get another one. We also have 2 dogs and a pet rat. I feel like the animals have taken over.

Back
Top Bottom