Odd things you do being a cham keeper

My fed ex delivery guy happens to be pretty handsome... With Covid I have been getting everything sent via fed ex rather then USPS pick up due to delays with USPS. Of course the boxes say live... So he asked me the week before last "what's in all these live boxes I get." Pretty sure I flushed with embarrassment as I stumbled over my words. It was silkworm delivery day after all. He was like "oh, ok that's different" :LOL:
I think I will be single AF the rest of my life at this point :hilarious:

I could make so many pg-13 jokes about this :ROFLMAO:

Ok so I was just thinking about something that I happen to do that is just odd. Chameleon keeping has taken me down the path of things I never thought I would do.

But my odd thing... So my enclosures have the Dragon strand easy drip pans with the screen tops to them. So anything that falls leaves, shed, poop falls on the screen rather then right into the drip pan. Every time the boys shed I find myself using the hand vac multiple times a day on this bottom screen to remove the shed. So I am first blowing it off all the leaves then vacuuming it up with the hand vac. ? Now I do this because wet shed is like dealing with paper mache and it sticks to my screen which is nasty.

However I was wondering if anyone else is as nuts as I am. :LOL: Or perhaps I am just a special kind of cray cray.
Ok so I’m a new chameleon mom. I got my baby boy Karma the Panther Cham yesterday. I got so excited I texted the group chat that he pooped and it looked good!! And I get my first small starter roach colonies tomorrow. We’rea weird bunch but I feel at home here! ❤️❤️❤️?

Ok so I’m a new chameleon mom. I got my baby boy Karma the Panther Cham yesterday. I got so excited I texted the group chat that he pooped and it looked good!! And I get my first small starter roach colonies tomorrow. We’rea weird bunch but I feel at home here! ❤❤❤?
Very happy that you’re here! ? If cham poop and roaches make you excited and happy, you fit in already.;)

My fed ex delivery guy happens to be pretty handsome... With Covid I have been getting everything sent via fed ex rather then USPS pick up due to delays with USPS. Of course the boxes say live... So he asked me the week before last "what's in all these live boxes I get." Pretty sure I flushed with embarrassment as I stumbled over my words. It was silkworm delivery day after all. He was like "oh, ok that's different" :LOL:
I think I will be single AF the rest of my life at this point :hilarious:
I am dying right now!!???

Ok I had to read through. None of you are nuts lol.

Lets look at my world.
Sons closet converted to a beardie cage (with lego table on top).
Other son, tiled the corner and wall with marble tiles and bought a $400 air conditioner for his chinchilla his room stays at 68 - 69. He says he is immune to cold now. lol
Back yard has 3 chickens, and multiple outside enclosures for other animals.
Master bath tub area converted to cham enclosure.
There is a 30x48x48 flight cage with Gouldian, stars and owl finches. I have to order their food as well.
My office where I spend most of my time is turning into a forest. There is a Macaw on a hanging perch. And a wall of in progress Cham cages.

My youngest has a pet chucker/partridge they are total buddies and he will even sleep in the bed with him. He also has our snake collection in his room 5 snakes.
At any given time there may be a green cheeked conure following me around the house.

When new people visit I have to tell them, "If you have a phobia of any animal do not enter"

All the rest is just par for the course lol

If it’s a contest, I’m out of the running immediately. Unless you count my horse...

I was out last night and caught a bunch of moths but it was from my neighbors zapper before the died
*SHE CAME OUT AND SAID WHAT ARE YOU DOING*
*I SAID I NEED TO SAVE THE MOTHS THEY SOULD NOT BE KILLED*
*SHE SAID OKAY THEN AND WENT INSIDE*
meanwhile i get home and let my cham eat them
Me and my chams are moth serial killers ??

Almost everything I do is weird, even for cham keeper standards. My wife thinks I'm crazy.

My buddy started coming to lift at my house when covid hit because the gyms closed.... in the corner I have bins of snails and isopods. He just looks at them and goes dude what the hell, are you growing mushrooms?

A duck would be pretty cool, does she stay outside?
Ummm, ok here is where it may start to get a little odd. She does stay outside but she's a social duck for the most part, so my wife did some research because she would poop in the house and my wife found a place that sells duck diapers. They are like overalls with a diaper insert. Now everytime Mei Mei(that's her name) wants to come in, we have to put a diaper on her and then she's free to wonder the house. When I home she will usually just stand by my feet and stare at me. Also, she had a case of bumblefeet(it's a bird issue) and we are buying her duck shoes to wear while she's outside. My duck will be wearing overalls and shoes by the time we are done.

Ummm, ok here is where it may start to get a little odd. She does stay outside but she's a social duck for the most part, so my wife did some research because she would poop in the house and my wife found a place that sells duck diapers. They are like overalls with a diaper insert. Now everytime Mei Mei(that's her name) wants to come in, we have to put a diaper on her and then she's free to wonder the house. When I home she will usually just stand by my feet and stare at me. Also, she had a case of bumblefeet(it's a bird issue) and we are buying her duck shoes to wear while she's outside. My duck will be wearing overalls and shoes by the time we are done.
awwwwwww Like I have to see a picture of this lol

No I don't quack at her. I do talk sweetly to her though because she's a beautiful little lady and she's a pretty cool duck. :)

Is she a pet? Kept inside or out?
I had a duck build its nest in my yard...she would attack the guy who cut my lawn. Her eggs hatched and she left with the babies and I was disappointed that I didn't see it happen...but I wondered where she would go to find water...there's none near me but pools. I left the gate open for her so they could walk out since babies can't fly.

Is she a pet? Kept inside or out?
I had a duck build its nest in my yard...she would attack the guy who cut my lawn. Her eggs hatched and she left with the babies and I was disappointed that I didn't see it happen...but I wondered where she would go to find water...there's none near me but pools. I left the gate open for her so they could walk out since babies can't fly.
She's a pet. I got her from a friend who couldn't take care of her anymore. When my friend asked me if I wanted her I ran to his house took her and brought her home. Told my wife we own and duck now and she was "ok" and she's been ours ever since. She's a Pekin duck just FYI.

She's a pet. I got her from a friend who couldn't take care of her anymore. When my friend asked me if I wanted her I ran to his house took her and brought her home. Told my wife we own and duck now and she was "ok" and she's been ours ever since. She's a Pekin duck just FYI.
So you know she's a she by the honking then?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom