Odd things you do being a cham keeper

I saw a person on a Facebook Cham page asking where to get a harness and leash so they could take their chams for a walk. I surely thought that the person was bat sh*t crazy but then I thought that walk would take a really long time. ?

I wasn’t crazy, but ever since I got my Cham I’m insane. My neighbors stare at me when I go around picking off dandelion leaves for my hornworms. I don’t pick the dandelions out and dispose of them. It’s just the leaves...

When someone hears the conversations I occasionally have with my friends,...

“He got so mad at me! He visibly went darker! I mean seriously! All I did was hold up my phone to take a picture of him! You would think I had tried to do something terrible and frightening! He doesn’t understand how much I do for him! I still love him though...”

Going to the post office and getting your box, and the clerk saying "I don't even want to know what is inside this box" and you reply with, "silkworms, roaches, fly larvae, and hornworms".....
And everyone in line behind you like, "wtf did she just say??"
My fed ex delivery guy happens to be pretty handsome... With Covid I have been getting everything sent via fed ex rather then USPS pick up due to delays with USPS. Of course the boxes say live... So he asked me the week before last "what's in all these live boxes I get." Pretty sure I flushed with embarrassment as I stumbled over my words. It was silkworm delivery day after all. He was like "oh, ok that's different" :LOL:
I think I will be single AF the rest of my life at this point :hilarious:

You're right. Usually, it's the beardie & tegu nuts that want to do that.
(Actually, it kinda makes sense for a tegu...)
They should review zfrank1's video on chams.

Wish i could find the video of a chameleon depositing its eggs. They dubbed over it and played it off as "my butt is stuck".

My fed ex delivery guy happens to be pretty handsome... With Covid I have been getting everything sent via fed ex rather then USPS pick up due to delays with USPS. Of course the boxes say live... So he asked me the week before last "what's in all these live boxes I get." Pretty sure I flushed with embarrassment as I stumbled over my words. It was silkworm delivery day after all. He was like "oh, ok that's different" :LOL:
I spit my tea out at my work desk laughing at this.

Ok I had to read through. None of you are nuts lol.

Lets look at my world.
Sons closet converted to a beardie cage (with lego table on top).
Other son, tiled the corner and wall with marble tiles and bought a $400 air conditioner for his chinchilla his room stays at 68 - 69. He says he is immune to cold now. lol
Back yard has 3 chickens, and multiple outside enclosures for other animals.
Master bath tub area converted to cham enclosure.
There is a 30x48x48 flight cage with Gouldian, stars and owl finches. I have to order their food as well.
My office where I spend most of my time is turning into a forest. There is a Macaw on a hanging perch. And a wall of in progress Cham cages.

My youngest has a pet chucker/partridge they are total buddies and he will even sleep in the bed with him. He also has our snake collection in his room 5 snakes.
At any given time there may be a green cheeked conure following me around the house.

When new people visit I have to tell them, "If you have a phobia of any animal do not enter"

All the rest is just par for the course lol

It's funny to me how my level of crazy has grown. From 1 cham kit and a critter keeper of crickets.... I have now bought 3 DS enclosures, herpstat, multiple basking fixtures, multiple T5's, keep 4 different feeders, all live plants, all real branches, practically every supplement made, multiple types of basking bulbs, spray bottles, mistking, drippers, auto drippers, 3 different foggers... And the list goes on.

I think a parody could be made out of the Little Mermaid Part of your world song adding in all cham stuff :LOL:

Heeeyyyy, at least it wasn't roach day!!!

Back
Top Bottom