Odd things you do being a cham keeper

Admit it people—this is a peer support group for crazy-ass reptile keepers.
It wouldn't surprise me if half of you aren't the lizard people of conspiracy theories... :rolleyes:

1602767443899.png

The dog & cat nuts have nothing on you.

Crazy like pulling over and having the city tree trimmers fill up your pickup bed with branches every time you find them trimming oak trees? Hoping your neighbors don't look over the fence while you are striping the same branches of their leaves like Morticia Adams arranging flowers? That kind of crazy???
But that's a smart way to get branches!

We dont have lizard strollers
We dont have lizard "outfits"

At worst some of us stick on wings for Halloween :)
That's still an "outfit".

You can't A-B pet obsessions (well, you can... but IMO it doesn't make much sense in most cases).
Yet people do it all the time with their meaningless (if entertaining) cats vs. dogs comparisons, debates, and arguments. Lets not go there with reptiles. ;)

You folks have already acknowledged you're crazy (I'm just less ?crazy).

Umm...I have looked into getting a lizard stroller to take my beardie out on walks. :rolleyes:
I rest my case.

Answering the door to the postman or takeaway delivery driver with either a beardie or Cham crawling over you gets some interesting responses ?

Guilty...

We run a dog grooming out of the house, some times the humans need to use the bathroom. Sometimes that over laps with lizard soak time. Sometimes lizard tries to get out of the tub while customer is in bathroom with locked door, and does not realize deadly lizard is only 3ft away...

Answering the door to the postman or takeaway delivery driver with either a beardie or Cham crawling over you gets some interesting responses ?
Going to the post office and getting your box, and the clerk saying "I don't even want to know what is inside this box" and you reply with, "silkworms, roaches, fly larvae, and hornworms".....
And everyone in line behind you like, "wtf did she just say??"

Hmmm, lets see. Dropped over $1000 right after my birthday to give me new male Veil everything he needed. Then about a month later my favorite reptile store advertised a female that had a a slight deformity up for adoption. Their posting wasn't even up for a full day before I ran to the store and adopted her and since because they knew who I was and my commitment to the hobby they didn't even second guess giving her to me. Right before this my wife and I got a bearded dragon. Dropped more money to make sure it had everything it needed. Then another month later saw on Facebook someone needed to rehome their dragon. So I decided to drive a hour and half one way to pick him up and give him a new home. Dropped even more money. Then we bought a Mistking System, a shelving systems and huge a** lighting system to make sure all the live plants and my Chams are getting proper lighting. Soooo this is something I thought I would never ever do but I love it.

Guilty...

We run a dog grooming out of the house, some times the humans need to use the bathroom. Sometimes that over laps with lizard soak time. Sometimes lizard tries to get out of the tub while customer is in bathroom with locked door, and does not realize deadly lizard is only 3ft away...
That is hilarious! ???

Sometimes lizard tries to get out of the tub while customer is in bathroom with locked door, and does not realize deadly lizard is only 3ft away...
Dude... that's not crazy (well, it is, but...); that's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Put up a sign, or build a cover for the tub or something...

Going to the post office and getting your box, and the clerk saying "I don't even want to know what is inside this box" and you reply with, "silkworms, roaches, fly larvae, and hornworms".....
haha! so funny! ???

Yeah, I've had them come in with various labels (Live Bait, Non-Dangerous Insects, Live Crickets, Live Insect Feeders...) and all they've ever been is dubias and a few supers. IDT the post office people want to know—they never ask.

Back
Top Bottom